Fumi Nicotine Pouches (Softmint) - Review. 3 June 2021.

Fumi is, what else, a new line of nicotine pouches.  Yes, I know, that's most of everything new nowadays. Companies aren't really making snus products anymore, so 99% of what I review lately is nicotine pouches.  I don't really use them myself, but as a tobacco harm reduction activist/advocate, I'm glad they're out there.  They can certainly help save lives.  This line is one developed by The Snus Brothers.  I don't see any snus products they've made, so I'm not sure if they plan to eventually make snus or not.  When it comes to this one, the flavor description says it has a "soft mint taste combined with a touch of melon".  Each can weighs 16 grams and has 20 pouches, for 0.8g pouches.  The nicotine content is 5mg/g (0.5%), or 4mg/portion. 

Melon and mint is not a common mix.  Mint is incredibly common, melon is pretty popular, but not mixed.  I've had one before, R42 Green Mint, a snus product that blended those two flavors.  But, to my knowledge, this is the first nicotine pouch with a mix of melon and mint.  When you open the can, a present smell of watermelon greets you, along with a light touch of peppermint behind it.  The portions are slim, comfortable in the lip, soft to the touch, and with a decent moisture content.  There's also a mild cooling presence in the lip.  In the flavor, the melon is front and center.  It reminds me of a mildly sweet, natural, watermelon.  I also pick up a lightly sweet, mild peppermint taste behind it.  It mixes pretty well, honestly.  The nicotine strength on this one is lower, and seems to be about half the regular strength.  The flavor, on average, lasts about 40-45 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

To preface my rating, I have to say this:  I'm not a big nicotine pouch consumer, I'm more of a snus guy.  However, I've found that when rating these products, anything between a 3 and a 4 is what I'd consider to be a "good" product.  I've only ever ranked one at a 4, so a 4 might as well be a 5, honestly.  I rated this one at 3.08/5.  In terms of mint products, its nice to see some with more unique flavors.  I wish the strength was a little higher, but there's not a lot of lower strength products out there, so there's certainly a market for these.  If you're a nicotine pouch consumer, I definitely would suggest checking out the Fumi line; it has a pretty wide mix of flavors, and strengths!

Fumi Nicotine Pouches are available from SnusDirect.com.



Comments