Kaliber Salmiak Original Portion - Snus Review. 4 October 2026.

Today, we have a new snus to talk about!  And, it's an original portion snus, at that.  We don't see much new snus nowadays, much less original portion snus.  So, this is a pretty exciting day.  Let's talk about Kaliber Salmiak Original Portion!  The original Kaliber Salmiak White Portion launched back in 2014.  I haven't heard many folks talk about it, but it must be popular for SM to add an original portion!  The flavor description says "dark tobacco taste combined with distinct notes of salty licorice root (salmiak) and subtle, sweet undertones of dried figs".  The can weighs 18g and has 20 portions, weighing 0.9g each.  The nicotine content is 8.5mg/g, which breaks down to 7.65mg per portion.  Now, let's see how it tastes!

Opening the can, I pick up a rich, bold aroma of black licorice.  The portions are absolutely beautiful.  Just look at them.  They're dark, they're plump, they're moist!  To the touch, I find them to be quite soft, as well.  When I put one under the lip, I notice a nice feel against the gum and a pretty quick release of flavor.  In the taste, it's a rich, present flavor.  The licorice taste is front and center, and has a nice saltiness to it.  The tobacco present in the background is dark, and earthy.  It's a very well rounded flavor profile.  This one feels to be delivering at the regular strength level, and is quite comfortable.  The flavor lasts a solid 40 to 45 minutes, on average.  It's good stuff!

Rating and Final Thoughts

I really enjoyed this one.  I'm glad, because I bought a roll of it to try out.  On Snusport, the last store that ships to the US, you have to buy a roll of anything you want, no single cans.  It was a little less than 30 bucks though, so not a bad price ($2.80 per can when I bought it).  I gave this one a 3.33/5.  It's like LD Salmiak, which I also greatly enjoy.  So, if you like licorice flavors, you may enjoy this one!



Comments