Today, we're checking out a line of nicotine pouches that isn't like your average, every day nicotine pouches. Meet Lundgren's Aros. With this new line, they say this about it: "Looks like snus. Feels like snus. New dark portions, without tobacco". So, it seems as though this new line is meant to target snus users who may not be into the whole all-white nicotine pouch category! We have four different SKUs that we're checking out today: Skugga, Skugga Stark, Dagg, and Frostnatt! Now, what makes these different from Lundgren's all white offerings? Let's open it up and check it out.
Each can weighs 16.8g, with 21 portions per can, for 0.8g pouches. The pouches are really nice - they're plump, soft, and semi-moist. The regular strength ones sit at 8mg/pouch, and the strong one sits at 12.5mg/pouch. Now, as I usually do, I cut one open to see what was inside. You'll see it's a brown filler, that in a way looks like snus. I was curious what caused this, so I went to the ingredients. I saw "maltextrakt" (malt extract) listed, which I suspect is what affects the color, but also to add a depth of flavor to it, as well. So, let's see how they taste and how this works out!
Flavor Description: "A taste of tobacco".
My Review: Yes, I know it says a taste of tobacco in a tobacco-free product. I've had a lot of nicotine pouches over the years that attempt to clone the taste of tobacco, and they don't often work out, so we'll see how these are. The aroma is earthy, with some mild wood notes. In the flavor profile, I can see what they were going for. It's earthy in the taste, with some light tones of wood, perhaps a little smoke, and a mild pepper. It doesn't taste exactly like tobacco, but it has similar notes. In the strength, the 8mg one feels to be right at the regular level. The stark (strong) one has a little extra kick to it, but it's not too over the top or anything. The flavor seems to hang around about 40-45 minutes or so.
Lundgren's Frostnatt
Flavor Description: "A mint and eucalyptus flavor".
My Review: Opening the can, I pick up a mild aroma of peppermint, and a light touch of menthol. Under the lip, I pick up a nice cooling sensation with this one. Flavor-wise, it has a gentle mint taste. The peppermint is clear, and the eucalyptus-menthol comes through in a mild way. It's also not overly sweet, which I find to be pretty pleasant. The malt contributes a faint earthy tone to the backdrop of the flavor profile. In the strength, it delivers at the regular level, and the flavor lasts a good 40-45 minutes or so.
Lundgren's Dagg
Flavor Description: "A taste of tobacco and wild berries".
My Review: In the aroma, this one has a slight earthy tone to it, along with a subtle fruitiness. It's not sweet, though. It reminds me of the Lundgren's Dunge (All White). In the flavor profile, I pick up a subtle earthiness, a mild fruitiness, and perhaps a faint note of wood. It's not super bold, or peppery, or anything like that. All in all, it's quite a mild taste. In the strength, this is also a regular strength one with a mild delivery. The flavor lasts the same as the others, about 40-45 minutes or so.
Rating and Final Thoughts
These ranged between 3.5 and 3.75/5 for me. It's a great product in terms of product quality, they really have something on their hands here. The flavors were decent, and I did find these to give a better experience than regular nicotine pouches. The Skugga one was my favorite, with regular at 3.75/5 and stark at 3.63/5. Frostnatt came in at 3.58/5, and Dagg at 3.5/5. Usually the mint one rates lower, but I think it tastes better than the Dagg (berry) one. But all in all, it's not bad, and I'm curious to see what new flavors they bring forth in this line!






Comments
Post a Comment