Göteborgs Rapé Tropikal - Snus Review. 17 August 2026.

I will be honest, I've been eager to try this one.  Not just because we don't see new snus very often, but moreso because of the flavor.  This one is said to be "tropical", which is very intriguing.  Last year, Swedish Match put out Catch Passion, which had a tropical flavor.  That one was good, but sadly only came in a mini portion.  Now, they've released a new tropical flavor in the GR lineup, with a full sized portion!  The flavor description says "Light tobacco profile with fruity and tart flavor character".  The can weighs 17.6g and has 22 portions, at 0.8g each.  The nicotine content is 8mg/g, which breaks down to 6.4mg/portion.  Now, let's put in a portion and check it out!

Opening up the can, the aroma that comes through is quite lovely.  I pick up a little pineapple, perhaps some orange notes, maybe a little passionfruit.  The portions are slightly dry, but with a soft material.  They feel comfortable under the lip, and decent against the gum.  The flavor is pure tropical bliss.  I pick up a gentle tobacco base, along with notes of orange, and pineapple.  Like with the aroma, I seem to notice some passionfruit as well.  It's a pretty well rounded taste.  The nicotine strength is lighter than regular, but still has a decent delivery to it.  In the flavor, it's not super bold, but does have a decent lifespan; usually the portions give about an hour of flavor each.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I love this snus.  It tastes great.  I gave it a 3.92/5.  It was hard to get, a friend in Sweden hooked me up with it.  So, sadly it's not one I can order here in the US.  But in the future, I hope it becomes available on the one shop we have left that still ships here.  I definitely would add more to my future orders!



Comments