If you asked me almost 20 years ago when I started using snus if I ever though there would be a mint flavor in the GR family, I would have said you were crazy. In fact, I used to complain when I reviewed mint products because there were so many of them. But nowadays, I'm glad to just review any new snus since we get so few of them! Now, we have GR Mint. A surprising release, to say the least. The flavor description says "Light tobacco profile with mint character and light fruitiness". Each can weighs 17.6g, with 22 portions, at 0.8g each. The nicotine content is 8mg/g, or 6.4mg/portion. Now, let's throw in a portion and check this one out!
When I open the can, I pick up a present aroma of mint. It's more of a sweet mint character. There is definitely some kind of fruitiness to it, but it's hard to nail down. The portions are moderately moist, with a soft feel against the gum. I also note a gentle cooling presence against the gum when I put a portion under the upper lip. Flavor-wise, in a way, it reminds me of the GR Masthugget limited edition release from last summer. I may be wrong but, to me, it almost seems like a very faint melon flavor. It's mostly mint, but it is fruity. The mint flavor is present, and sweet, with a mild, earthy tobacco tone. In the strength, it has a lighter delivery, but still decent. The flavor also lasts a solid hour, which is enjoyable!
When I open the can, I pick up a present aroma of mint. It's more of a sweet mint character. There is definitely some kind of fruitiness to it, but it's hard to nail down. The portions are moderately moist, with a soft feel against the gum. I also note a gentle cooling presence against the gum when I put a portion under the upper lip. Flavor-wise, in a way, it reminds me of the GR Masthugget limited edition release from last summer. I may be wrong but, to me, it almost seems like a very faint melon flavor. It's mostly mint, but it is fruity. The mint flavor is present, and sweet, with a mild, earthy tobacco tone. In the strength, it has a lighter delivery, but still decent. The flavor also lasts a solid hour, which is enjoyable!
Rating and Final Thoughts
All in all, it's not a bad product. It's a nice flavor. I gave it a 3.58/5. I don't complain about mint snus products anymore though. I'm just really glad new snus products are even coming anymore. If you're a mint snus lovers, you may want to check this one out. It's not bad!



Comments
Post a Comment