I can't tell you how stoked I am to try this one out today. I've been really looking forward to it! Back in the olden times, about 14 years ago, Swedish Match made a Göteborgs Rapé Lime snus. It was one of my old favorites. So, when I heard about this one, my hope was that it would be similar to that one! Also, there aren't many lime products out there, so I figured it was time we saw more of them. But honestly, I'll take any new snus these days! In the flavor description, this one says "Light tobacco profile with a tart flavor character". Each can weighs 17.6g and has 22 portions, at 0.8g each. The nicotine content is 8mg/g, or 6.4mg/portion. Now, let's pop one in and try it out!
Opening the can, I pick up a moderately present aroma of lime, some pepper, and an earthy tobacco base. The portions are soft, and semi-moist. They have a nice feel against the gum, and a gradual flavor release. In the flavor profile, it was a little more mild than I hoped. The flavor is good though. The lime taste is rather gentle. The tobacco base is earthy, and slightly peppery. It's not bad, but I do wish the lime flavor was more kicked up like the old GR Lime. In the strength, at 6.4mg per portion this one is a little more mild. It feels slightly below the regular strength mark. It's not weak or anything, just a little light. The lime flavor lasts about 40 minutes or so, but as it fades, the tobacco base yields a nice flavor presence for about an hour!
Opening the can, I pick up a moderately present aroma of lime, some pepper, and an earthy tobacco base. The portions are soft, and semi-moist. They have a nice feel against the gum, and a gradual flavor release. In the flavor profile, it was a little more mild than I hoped. The flavor is good though. The lime taste is rather gentle. The tobacco base is earthy, and slightly peppery. It's not bad, but I do wish the lime flavor was more kicked up like the old GR Lime. In the strength, at 6.4mg per portion this one is a little more mild. It feels slightly below the regular strength mark. It's not weak or anything, just a little light. The lime flavor lasts about 40 minutes or so, but as it fades, the tobacco base yields a nice flavor presence for about an hour!
Rating and Final Thoughts
I gave this one a 3.75/5. Pretty tasty stuff, and one I'd buy more of. Do I wish the lime flavor was more pronounced? Absolutely. But as it sits, it's still pretty good stuff, albeit a little more mild than I expected. But, at the end of the day, any new snus is a great snus!



Comments
Post a Comment