General Voyage - Snus Review. 19 July 2024.

Not too long ago, Swedish Match launched the new General Voyage series.  This series has three variants:  Brooklyn, Sicily, and Cape Town.  It took me a bit to get these because they sold out pretty quick, but once more were available, I had to grab some to try out.  In 2024, this is exciting, because we rarely see new snus products anymore.  Much less, new "ranges" of products.  I'm not sure if these are limited, or the start of a new series, but for now, I'm going to enjoy them while they're here!  It was also exciting because if you're in the US, these were made available for us, whereas most Swedish Match limited editions usually aren't.  So, if you're just as excited as I am about these products, let's get into it and check them out!

General Voyage:  Brooklyn

Flavor Description:  "General Voyage Brooklyn has a roasted tobacco flavor with notes of
bourbon and sandalwood
."
Can Contents:  19.8g, 22 portions, 0.9g each
Nicotine Strength:  8.5mg/g, or 7.65mg/portion

General Voyage:  Brooklyn

Review:  Opening up the can, a nice, smooth aroma of bourbon comes through.  It isn't cheap or boozy, which is nice.  I pick up a light touch of tobacco, along with notes of sandlewood, and almost a faint touch of chocolate.  The white portions have a nice material to them, and are quite soft, and plump under the lip.  The flavor on this one though, wow.  It's good.  It reminds me a lot of their old Small Batch Old Fashioned product.  The bourbon flavor is present, but smooth.  There are some subtle, faint chocolate tones in the background.  It sits on top of a mild, earthy tobacco base, and there are faint touches of sandalwood throughout the flavor profile.  It's very well rounded, and flavorful.  In the nicotine strength, it feels to be about the regular level.  The flavor lasts about an hour, on average!

General Voyage:  Cape Town

Flavor Description:  "General Voyage Cape Town has a spicy tobacco taste with notes of
rooibos, ginger and lime
."
Can Contents:  19.8g, 22 portions, 0.9g each
Nicotine Strength:  13.5mg/g, or 12.15mg/portion

General Voyage:  Cape Town

Review:  First, I had no clue what "rooibos" is.  I had to look it up.  It's grown in South Africa and used to make tea, so that may be why we have the name "Cape Town" here.  Opening up the can, the aroma I pick up is slightly earthy, nutty, and slightly herbal.  The lime is very faint, as is the ginger.  The portions are plump, and soft, and feel pretty good under the lip.  Flavor-wise, this one is interesting.  I've had to spend a lot of time with it to figure it out.  It's mild, earthy, and herbal in general.  I don't taste a lot of ginger, nor do I taste a lot of lime.  The lime presence is there, but very mild.  I notice a touch more ginger than lime, but the ginger is still very mild, too.  The tobacco base is rich, and earthy.  The herbal nature is there, too, going along with the earthiness of the tobacco base.  It's slightly nutty, as well.  Interesting stuff.  The nicotine strength feels to be about the strong level.  The flavor, I find, lasts a solid hour, on average.

General Voyage:  Sicily

Flavor Description:  "General Voyage Sicily has a light tobacco taste with notes of bitter
orange, herbs and limoncello
."
Can Contents:  19.8g, 22 portions, 0.9g each
Nicotine Strength:  8.5mg/g, or 7.65mg/portion

General Voyage:  Sicily

Review:  If you're not familiar with limoncello, it's an Italian liqueur with a heavy lemon taste.  I haven't had it in years, but I remember it being pretty tasty.  Opening the can, I pick up a present aroma of lemon.  It's lightly sweet, and has herbal hints and almost a faint touch of fennel to it.  The portions are nice and plump, soft, and with a comfortable mouthfeel.  In the flavor, it's pretty complex.  I pick up that lemon/fennel combination first.  It's slightly tart, and just a little sweet.  There's a very mild orange in the back as well.  The tobacco base isn't too pronounced, but it's there.  The nicotine strength on this one feels about regular, and the flavor lasts about an hour, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This was a pretty interesting range of products!  On top, we find Brooklyn, with a 3.83/5.  I definitely enjoyed this one and would buy more of it, it tastes really, really good.  Second, Sicily came in at 3.58/5.  While not a bad flavor, it's not something I'd use all the time.  I could see it as an occasional usage flavor for me.  Lastly, Cape Town came in at 3.42/5.  Also, like Sicily, not a bad one, but not one I'd see myself using all the time.  So, for me, Brooklyn is the main one I enjoyed and the one I'd recommend most.  But, to each their own, as always.  I'd suggest trying out all three, and see which one you like the most!

General Voyage is available at SnusMe.com!




Check out our video review:

Comments