The Moose West Coast Classic (White Portion Snus) - Review. 19 June 2024.

Wow, it's a snus review!  I say that sarcastically, but it is rare that I get to review snus nowadays.  Most new products are nicotine pouches, so it's a treat when a new snus product falls into my lap.  This is one that is part of the new Moose line by Hansa Snus.  I've reviewed a lot of the others, but haven't got to this one just yet!  So, diving into this one, the flavor description from SnusMe.com says, "A taste of tobacco and juniper".  Each can weighs 16 grams and has 20 pouches, for 0.8 grams each.  The nicotine content is 12mg/g, which breaks down to 9.6mg/portion.  So, are you excited?  I know I am.  Let's jump into it and check out this snus!

It's interesting this one came up to review today.  The other day on our r/Snus subreddit someone asked if there were any juniper snus products without lavender.   Prior to this one, the only one I could think of was Kapten Enbar.  That one was slightly floral, but not overly lavender-y.  I was a big fan of that one and hated to see it go.  But, this one actually reminds me some of that snus!  Opening the can, the aroma that comes through is juniper, unmistakably.  There's a slight touch of pepper, and an earthy tobacco base.  But, no lavender, no floral notes.  The portions are nice and plump, semi-dry, and pretty soft.  They also feel quite nice under the lip.  Flavor-wise, this one reminds me a lot of the Kapten one I missed from before.  It's a nice juniper taste with a solid tobacco base under it.  That's about it, it's a very simple, straight-forward flavor profile.  Nicotine strength is normal, feeling right at the regular level.  Flavor longevity is also pretty solid, hanging out about an hour, sometimes a little more.

Rating and Final Thoughts

All in all, a pretty good product.  I mean, it's a new snus.  And honestly, no new snus is a bad snus.  I like the flavor on this one though, it's a good mix of juniper and tobacco.  I rated it at 3.83/5.  I like this new Moose line.  There are a lot of solid flavors in it.  If you haven't heard of it yet - check out my reviews of other Moose products:  here.

You can buy this product at SnusMe.com!



Comments