XPCT Berry Nicotine Pouches (Big Can and Tube) - Review. 12 March 2024.

I've been seeing these XPCT "big cans" and "tubes" online a lot lately, and I've been quite curious to check them out!  I was browsing around on SnusExpress.com the other day and saw that they sold them all, so I order a big box of all of these to try out. These products are pretty interesting, because they save you money by buying in bulk.  But also, you aren't wasting a lot of cans since they include one for you to refill.  That, in turn, is a good thing for the Earth!  So, if you've been curious about these XPCT products, let's check them out!  Manufacturer wise, these are made by a company in Sweden called LIW Innovation.

Here's the big can opened up.  These also have a catch lid, and inside the catch lid on top you'll find a single can that you can refill and reuse!  Note, this big can will not fit in your pocket.  I wear cargo shorts and trust me, I've tried.  The flavor description for this one says "A sweet, tangy and fruity flavor of Swedish berries".  The big can weights 160 grams and has 400 pouches, for 0.4 grams each.  The nicotine content on this one (as well as the tube) is 15mg/g, which breaks down to 6mg/pouch.

The tube weighs 80 grams and has 200 pouches, also for 0.4 grams each.  As you can see from this photo, the top of this one twists off, and there's also an extra can in the top compartment for you to use and refill as needed.

These pouches are decently moist when they arrive, so I don't add any moisture to them.  But they did have some guidance on moisture you can add to them if you want to make them more moist, so I made a quick spreadsheet on how you can do that.  Basically, you mist it on, and put it in cold storage for 24 hours.

So, how is this stuff?  Well, let's fill up one of these cans and do a review so we can check it out!  Opening the can, the aroma that comes through is a slightly sweet berry smell.  To me, it seems like blackberry, but perhaps with a hint of cherry to it.  The pouches are slim, semi-moist, and pretty soft.  They do feel lighter in weight than others on the market, but aren't too terribly light.  In the flavor profile, it's definitely berry.  It's slightly sweet in nature.  To me, I pick up something that reminds me of grape, along with a little blackberry, and a touch of cherry.  I'm not sure what berry this is inspired by, but that's what I pick up.  The nicotine strength feels about regular, and has a pretty decent delivery.  The flavor lasts about 35-40 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

All in, this was a pretty decent product.  I rated it at 3.25/5.  The pouch itself is pretty decent and has a nice flavor.  But what about the cost savings?  Well, I'll break that down for you!  The big can cost $39.50, or $0.09 a can.  This means it's about $1.98 per can.  The tube was $26.90, or $0.13 a pouch.  This cost a bit more, at $2.69 a can.  However, that cost is still cheaper than most products on the market.  So, if you're looking to save a few bucks, this is definitely a way to do it!



Comments