Artisan Signature Blend (Norway) Original & White Portion - Review. 26 October 2022.

A few months ago, we launched Artisan Snus, my latest collaboration!  This is a new line of snus I created with The Snus Factory in Sweden.  And yes, I "technically" have reviewed these products before, but I wanted to do a separate review with our Norway cans.  As you can see, these don't have our usual Artisan design.  In Norway, the cans have to be served in this "plain pack" design in the Pantone 448C color (due to Norwegian law).  Same Artisan Snus, just with a completely different look!  But, if you're not familiar with Artisan, I'll still do a little history.  This is a snus line I spent the past year developing.  I made it hand in hand with the snus community; they selected the name, flavors, nicotine strengths, and portion formats.  We created four products to start:  Signature Blend (Unflavored Tobacco), Espresso, and Dark Vanilla.  The entire product line contains an exquisite dark, air cured tobacco base.  We sourced premium tobaccos from India, Guatemala, and the USA!  

Now, let's get into the reviews and check these products out!

Artisan Signature Blend (White)

Flavor Description:  "Contains no added flavor. Dark, air-cured tobacco yields a flavor that is rustic, raw, natural, and earthy. A specially designed portion material and optimized moisture amount which delivers a long lasting, gentle flavor experience with less drip".
Can Contents:  16 grams, 20 portions, 0.8g each
Nicotine Strength:  15mg/g (1.5%) / 12mg/portion

Review:  Opening the can, you'll notice a beautiful tobacco aroma.  It's a simple tobacco:  raw, dark, and earthy.  It's milder, because it's a white portion, but it's still present.  The portions are a nice size, semi-dry, and comfortable under the lip.  The flavor develops and builds slower due to the white portion format.  But, even though it's milder, it tastes amazing.  The tobacco base is the star of the show.  It's a darker tobacco base.  I pick up notes of oak, as well.  It compliments the rich, robust tobacco base quite well!  In the nicotine strength, this one feels right at the strong level.  It has a steady delivery, so not too strong all at once.  I find the flavor lasts quite a while, well over an hour most times.  

Artisan Signature Blend (Original)

Flavor Description:  "Contains no added flavor. Dark, air-cured tobacco yields a flavor that is rustic, raw, natural, and earthy. A specially designed portion material and optimized moisture amount to release a bold, present flavor".
Can Contents:  18 grams, 20 portions, 0.9g each
Nicotine Strength:  12mg/g (1.2%) / 10.8mg/portion

Review:  This one tastes like the white portion version, but more bold.  The tobacco aroma is much more present.  It's a dark, powerful aroma of rich tobacco.  The oak comes through as a nice hint in the aroma.  The pouches are moist, with a quick flavor release.  They're a good size, and fit comfortably under the lip.  The flavor is fantastic.  The tobacco flavor is present, and powerful.  It's a rich, dark tobacco taste.  I pick up a little oak in the mix, but that's about it. No added flavor is a beautiful thing!  In the strength, this one is like the white portion version.  It hits right at the strong level, but has a steady delivery so it isn't going to kick your head off.  The flavor also lasts a long time, sometimes up to an hour!  Pretty impressive for an original portion.

Wrap-Up / Final Thoughts

At the end of my reviews, I usually try to do a rating.  However, I haven't been doing them lately for my own products.  I used to, but some people thought that was silly, so I stopped doing it.  What I will say is this:  I'm very proud of the Artisan line.  We spent a long time developing it, and it was made for the snus community, by the snus community.  You can't beat that!  As far as these products go, I love them.  I don't use a lot of the Espresso or Dark Vanilla ones.  But this one, I use every day.  I've been really into the white portion one lately, but I also use a lot of the original portion one too.  Both are top notch, delicious snus products!

Get yours today from SnusExpress.no!

Comments