Small Batch 25: Electonic - Review. 10 June 2022.

Swedish Match's Small Batch series has been around for a few years and has seen quite a few releases. Most of them have been regular Small Batch series releases, but they've also done two Chef's Edition releases. The latest addition in the Small Batch series is called Electonic!  For some reason, Swedish Match doesn't let consumers outside of Sweden have access to this series, so I've missed a few recently - Small Batch 22 Tonkaböna, Small Batch 24 Gulebøj, and I most likely won't have access to Small Batch 26 Stone Fruit.  But, thanks to my friend Michael in Sweden, I get to review this one!  Now, if you're unfamiliar with the line, we'll break into all the details about it, and this particular product.

Small Batch Series Description:  "We at Swedish Match have produced thousands of products over the course of a few hundred years. Our experts are experts in the correct sense of the word. But they have not been tired of developing new ideas. In order for them to get that opportunity - and for Swedish snusers to be able to share it all - we now launch a new range of products called Small Batch, where the flavor is replaced several times a year. Each flavor is produced in a small edition." When it comes to this product, here's the details: 
Small Batch 25 Flavor Description: "A fresh, sour and slightly sweet taste. With hints of lemon peel, juniper berries and grapefruit". 
Can Contents: 24 grams, 24 portions, 1 gram each 
Nicotine Content: Unlisted, assuming regular strength to strong

Opening the can, I pick up a pretty present tone of juniper.  There's a light, subtle grapefruit to it, and a mild base tobacco character.  The portion is the standard white portion, and it does come in the star formation format so I suggest giving it a little fluff.  Once under the lip, it's pretty soft, and comfortable!  In the flavor profile, juniper is front and center.  Right behind it, I notice some grapefruit, a faint touch of citrus, and a mild tobacco base.  I know that flavor may sound a lot like GR Snus, but it's different.  It's not as citrusy, nor is it as floral/herbal.  This one is more centered around the juniper without a lot added to it.  In terms of strength, this one feels to be about regular, and I find the flavor to last about an hour, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

All in all, this one wasn't too bad!  I rated it at 3.71/5.  And in terms of my "informal" rating against other Small Batch series, this one rated right at 10 out of 25 I've rated so far.  It's a pretty interesting snus.  It reminds me a lot of 2017's General Herno Gin snus.   And, in a sense, it also reminds me of Small Batch 8 Gin and Pepper.  As of right now, this one is still available, but it's been out for a while, so if you want to get it, I'd suggest grabbing some before it's gone.  To wrap up this review, I'll share my overall rankings of the Small Batch series, and at the bottom of this review I'll share my detailed rating for this product.  Enjoy!

Overall Small Batch Series Rankings
1 - SB 2 – Blood Orange
2 - SB 4 – Raspberry Licorice
3 - SB 19 – Sakura
4 - SB 14 – Citron/Lakrits
5 - SB 18 –Ginger Beer
6 - SB 12 – Pink Grapefruit
7 - SB 7 – Orange/Chocolate
8 - SB 23 – Pomander
9 - SB 9 – Banana
10 - SB 25 – Electonic
11 - SB 5 – Coffee
12 - SB 17 – Hot Shot
13 - Chef's #2 – Höstskörd
14 - SB 15 – Tropic Colada
15 - SB 10 – Rosé
16 - SB 1 – Champagne
17 - SB 21 – Rosenhagen
18 - Chef's #1 – Punsch
19 - SB 20 – Agua Fresca
20 - SB 16 – Old Fashioned
21 - SB 11 – Popcorn
22 - SB 8 – Gin & Pepper
23 - SB 3 – Apple Mint
24 - SB 13 – Salty & What?
25 - SB 6 – Svensk Skog

This product's individual rating:


Comments