Velo Nicotine Pouches: Urban Vibe - Review. 28 July 2021.

A while back, I got a bunch of nicotine pouches from Nic Pouch UK, a nicotine pouch store based in the UK.  A lot of them ended up in the freezer, and I'm just now catching up on some of them.  Yes, when there are 78 new tobacco-free nicotine pouch products released every day, I can get a little behind on reviewing them.  These are products in the Velo series.  Not to be confused with the awful quality US Velo product, these are more akin to the Lyft series sold in Sweden.  Same company, different name on the label.  The flavor description on this one says, "A taste of red fruits like cranberry, cherry and berries".  Each can weighs 14 grams, and has 20 portions weighing 0.7g each.  The 2 dot (S2) one has a nicotine strength of 8mg/g (0.8%) or 5.6mg/portion.  The 4 dot (S4) one has a nicotine strength of 16mg/g (1.6%), or 11.2mg/portion.

As these products are identical other than nicotine strength, I'm just going to review them together.  Then, at the end, we'll break it down and talk about the strength differences.  That's really the only difference between them.  I'm not a big energy drink fan.  Mrs. Snubie lives off of them, so I know the smell of them.  That's what I get with this one, when I open the can - a big, tart, energy drink smell.  It's a lightly sweet, tart red berry presence for those who may not be familiar.  The portions are slim, soft, and moderately moist.  I find them to be pretty comfortable under the lip, as well.  In the flavor, it tastes, yes, like an energy drink.  It's tart and tangy, with a present red berry flavor.  Reminds me of a cranberry/raspberry mix.  The flavor, on average, lasts about 45 minutes.  For the S2 one, it feels to be about regular strength.  The S4 one feels to be about the strong level, maybe a little above.

Rating and Final Thoughts

The S2 one rated higher for me, 3.25/5.  Then, the S4 one at 3.08/5.  Again, they're virtually identical, but I use mostly regular strength products so those are going to rate higher for me.  I'm not a big "buzz-chaser", so I don't use a lot of high octane products.  If you like energy drinks, you'll probably really enjoy these.  I'm not a big energy drink fan so these aren't really for me.  But, if that's your sort of thing, here you go!



Comments