Thunder Dark Frost: Nicotine Pouches - Review. 21 July 2021.

The folks at V2 Tobacco, now owned by Swedish Match, have released some nicotine pouches in their popular Thunder range!  I found them at SnusExpress' EU store and a friend helped me acquire them for review.  It was also brought to my attention that SnusCENTRAL.com just added these, so international/US consumers can order them from there.  These are the first nicotine pouches in the Thunder series, and many of them have common counterparts in the Volt or Zyn series.  While these are made in Denmark at V2 (Swedish Match Denmark), I've been surprised to see their quality is on par and almost identical to the Volt/Zyn counterparts!  This one, for example, has counterparts in both series:  Volt Dark Frost and Zyn Dark Frost!  

Flavor Description:  "A refreshing mint-berry flavor.".
Can Contents:  16.8 grams, 21 portions, 0.8g each
Nicotine Strength:  13mg/pouch, which is 16.25mg/g in total due to the 0.8g portions.

If you've had the Volt or Zyn version of the Dark Frost flavor, prepare yourself:  this one is identical.  I didn't notice any major, discernible difference at all between this one and those two products.  When you open the can, a present smell of menthol comes through along with a dark berry smell.  It reminds me of a mix of black currant and grape.  The pouches are a lot like Zyn, and feel pretty soft and comfortable in the lip with a moderate moisture amount.  You get a burn when you put one in the lip, and then a gentle cooling presence.  In terms of the flavor, it's a dark berry taste, which reminds me of grape and black currant.  It also has a strong presence of menthol in the background, which adds a refreshing presence to the flavor profile.  The nicotine strength feels about the strong level, and the flavor lasts between 40 to 45 minutes on average

Rating and Final Thoughts

Again, if you've had Volt or Zyn Dark Frost, this one is identical.  I didn't notice a difference other than the can design.  I rated it at 3/5.  If the menthol wasn't in the flavor mix, this would be one of the best nicotine pouches around.  But the menthol detracts from the flavor profile, in my opinion.  Now if you're a mint or menthol lover, you may really enjoy this one, but for me it's a miss and not one I really enjoyed. 

Thunder Nicotine Pouches are available from SnusDirect.com. 



Comments