SwedSnus / SnusRoom.com Prima - Review. 11 April 2021.

I've been enjoying the SnusRoom.com website quite a bit lately.  I like their website because they sell bulk snus in cheap, and they ship to the US.  But also because, as a lös snuser, it's fun to make my own lös at home, and it's fun to play around with the flavors they make.  I just made a batch of six and they turned out great!    In terms of their portion versions, they have quite a lot of flavors, and they come with a cheap price tag; this one was $29.90 USD for the bag, which is about $1.99 a can.  Today, we're going to be talking about their "prima" version.  The flavor description for this one says, "Selected tobaccos for a clear and clean taste".  Each bag, when you get it, weighs 195 grams and has 300 portions, for 0.65g per portion.  The nicotine content, in total, is 11mg/g (1.1%), which breaks down to about 7.15mg/portion.  Now, you could use the product as is.  Or, you could add moisture to it and make original portions!

Adding Moisture 

I've experimented with various moisture levels, and have found that I like the portions to hover around 45% moisture. To get to that level, I've found that adding 0.16ml per portion gets it where I like it to be. You can mix up the whole bag, or half the bag, or however many you want!  Once you add the moisture, throw it in the fridge for 48 hours and let the flavors/moisture settle, then it's good to go!  Now, let's review this product and talk about the two different versions.

White Dry / As-Is Version

This one is a pretty simple snus.  The aroma is a mild, base tobacco smell.  It has a little smoke to it, and a slight wood note.  The portion are the white dry type, but still pretty soft and comfortable once under the lip.  In terms of the flavor, it’s pretty light.  There’s a mild tobacco taste, almost a tea like presence, along with some smokiness and gentle notes of wood.  In the nicotine, it feels to be between regular strength and strong.  The flavor, on average, lasts about an hour.

Original Portion / Moisture Added Version

As an original portion fan, this one is much better.  When I added the moisture, it also brought out more aroma, and more flavor.  The tobacco is more present in the aroma, and has more earthiness to it.  Along with the smokiness, and more pronounced wood notes, of course.  The portions turned out great, and have a nice release of flavor.  They’re also pretty soft, and feel great under the lip.  In the flavor, the tobacco taste is present, but mild.  It has an earthy quality to it, along with subtle notes of wood, and a nice smokiness.  The strength feels to be regular strength to strong, and the flavor lasts about 40-45 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

So, on it's own, it's not bad.  It's a pretty standard, pretty mellow base tobacco.  I rated the original version at 3.67/5, which is the one I liked more.  The white dry version I rated at 3.58/5.  For me, as a snus creator, this isn't a product I'd use on it's own.  However, it does have a very neat place in my stash now:  it's the perfect flavoring snus.  The flavor is quite mild, so it will be easy to add flavors to it and play around with that.  For me, that's where it ends up.  For others, I think this could be a good one for people who want a really mild flavor of snus.  Perhaps lovers of Grov, Ettan, things like that.  It kind of reminds me of the old Phantom Brown, as well.  

Buy Them:  You can purchase them from their website, SnusRoom.com.  Use code SNUSROOM15 and you get 15% off.  All orders over $149 ship free.



Comments