Vika Pink (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 16 March 2021.

Vika is a new line of snus and nicotine pouches I recently discovered on Snus24.com.  From what I can tell, the company in Sweden that makes them is known as Vika Svensson.  On their website, I read that she was born in Stockholm in 1879.  She got an engineering degree from the University of Sweden.  In 1911, she opened a coffee house in Gothenburg where lots of rich and famous people met.  She sold snus to her clientele there, where she earned the nickname "Snus-Vika".  I'm assuming this product line is made in her honor.  This one is a nicotine pouch product, and the flavor description says, "It has slight sweet strawberry taste but refreshing at the same time.  With a hint of lime".  Each can weighs 14g and has 20 portions, for 0.7g portions.  The nicotine strength is 12.5mg/g (1.25%), or 8.75mg/portion.

This is one that caught me off guard.  I actually found myself enjoying it, which I didn't expect.  When you open the can, it's got a pretty nice aroma to it!  It's fresh, lightly sweet, and has a nice presence of strawberry.  The portions are incredibly soft!  They're semi-moist, and quite comfortable under the lip.  It also has a nice cooling presence under the lip.  The flavor is really interesting; it's complex, but well balanced.  I pick up a mild, lightly sweet strawberry, with a faint hint of lime.  It also seems to have a little spearmint in the mix.  In terms of strength, the nicotine feels to be about regular, maybe just a hair above.  The flavor, on average, seems to kick around for about 40-45 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one ended up at 3.58 out of 5 for me.  That may sound low, but I don't use nicotine pouches.  I've found that for me anything over a 3/5 is one I'd consider to be a "solid" nicotine pouch.  I like the balance of flavor in this one.  Strawberry/lime/spearmint seems to actually work out pretty well.  If you're a nicotine pouch user, this is one you'll want to check out.  It's got a pretty unique flavor!



Comments