Vika Blue (Nicotine Pouches) - Review. 16 March 2021.

Vika is a new line of snus and nicotine pouches I recently discovered on Snus24.com.  From what I can tell, the company in Sweden that makes them is known as Vika Svensson.  On their website, I read that she was born in Stockholm in 1879.  She got an engineering degree from the University of Sweden.  In 1911, she opened a coffee house in Gothenburg where lots of rich and famous people met.  She sold snus to her clientele there, where she earned the nickname "Snus-Vika".  I'm assuming this product line is made in her honor.  This one is a nicotine pouch product, and the flavor description says, "The Vika Blue is a beautiful all white portion snus with a long lasting taste dimension and a fast kick.  With a spearmint aroma".  Each can weighs 14g and has 20 portions, for 0.7g portions.  The nicotine strength is 12.5mg/g (1.25%), or 8.75mg/portion.

It seems like most mint products these days are peppermint, or menthol.  So, it's nice to see some spearmint ones pop up.  When it comes to mint flavors, I usually prefer spearmint myself.  This one is pretty pleasant, as well.  The aroma is a smooth, lightly sweet spearmint aroma.  The portion is super soft, and quite comfortable in the lip.  It's semi-moist, and has a nice cooling presence to it.  The flavor is pretty enjoyable.  It's a smooth, fresh, sweet spearmint taste.  Sometimes I think there's a little peppermint in the background, but it's mostly spearmint.  The nicotine feels about regular, maybe. Little above.  The flavor, on average, lasts about 40-45 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.5 out of 5.  That may sound low, but I don't really use nicotine pouches.  For me, 3 is about the bar for what I consider to be a "decent" or "solid" product.  I rated this one at 3.5 out of 5, which is what I'd consider to be above average.  Honestly, it's a pretty tasty nicotine pouch.  And I like that it isn't insanely strong.  If this is your sort of thing, you may enjoy it!



Comments