YoYo Stockholm (Licorice/Mint) Nicotine Pouches - Review. 26 February 2021.

Late last year, I reviewed the first three YoYo nicotine pouch products.  These products were made in collaboration with my friend, and fellow snus creator, Conny Andersson.  They've launched a new one on the market, clocking in at the extra strong strength of 20mg/g of nicotine!  While this flavor isn't my favorite (licorice and mint), I was still looking forward to reviewing it because I know a lot of people do enjoy it!  The flavor description for this one says, "Slim all white portion with a taste of licorice and mint".  The can weighs in at 10g and has 20 portions, for 0.5g portions.  The nicotine strength is 20mg/g (2.0%), which breaks down to 10mg/portion.

When you open the can, a present but smooth aroma of black licorice greets you, along with a light sweetness and lightly fresh tones.  It's not overly mint, but it does have a freshness to it.  In the lip, the portions are soft, slim, and a little lighter in weight than the average nicotine pouch.  You'll also encounter a light cooling presence under the lip, as well.  In terms of flavor, it's pretty straightforward licorice.  It's subtle, and lightly sweet in nature.  It's not overly minty in taste, but it does have a fresh presence to the flavor profile.  In terms of strength, this one surprised me.  I know it's only 10mg/portion, but it kicks at the extra strong level.  This stuff hits quick, too.  The flavor, on average, seems to last around 40-45 minutes.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one ended at 3/5 for me.  For me, any nicotine pouch that lands at a 3 or higher is one I'd consider to be good or solid.  Though I don't use nicotine pouches, this seems to be about the bar for me.  In the end, this flavor isn't one I usually enjoy.  I like licorice, I just don't need added mint or menthol.  I know it's popular though, so if you're someone who enjoys this type of flavor, you may dig it.  Especially if you want something with a really, really strong kick to it.  I'm not kidding, this stuff hit me hard, and fast.  But all in all, a solid product.  Just not one for me.



Comments