Bravus Peanut Butter Stout (Non Alcoholic) Beer Review - 5 February 2021.

Today, I'm going to be doing another non alcoholic beer review, this one by Bravus Brewing Co out of Newport Beach, California!  This is Bravus' Peanut Butter Stout.  Stouts aren't my usual style of beer; I'm usually an IPA or pale ale kind of guy.  However, since I've started getting more into non alcoholic brews, it's been fun to try out different styles and see what else is out there!  And, I'll be honest, this sounds tasty.  Their description for this one says, "You got peanut butter on my chocolate! You got chocolate in my peanut butter! Whatever the case, the result is one amazing beer. Limited release so get yours before it sells out."  Bravus beer comes in at <0.5% in terms of ABV.  I couldn't find an IBU for this one.

When you open the can and pour it into a glass you'll see quickly how dark it is.  It's a dark brown color.  The carbonation seems to be about the medium level.  In the aroma, there is a lot going on.  I pick up a dark smell of malt, oats, toasted grain, and hints of chocolate.  There also seems to be a little mocha.  And then, wrapping it all up, is the delicious aroma of peanut butter.  In the mouth, it feels light to medium bodied, with a medium amount of carbonation.  In the flavor, I pick up notes of caramel and chocolate, along with roasted malt and barley.  There's a touch of mocha, and then the delicious, creamy taste of peanut butter.  It has a light and thin finish, but the creamy peanut butter flavor remains.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I ended up giving this one at a 3.08/5.  Again, I'm not the biggest fan of stouts.  But, this one was pretty tasty; the peanut butter really set it off.  Not really something I'd drink full time, but it was enjoyable this one time I had it to do a review.  If you like stouts, you'll probably really dig this one.  It has a rich, full flavor to it!  If you're interested, check out the Bravus website for this and some of their other tasty brews.



Comments