Bravus Amber Ale (Non Alcoholic) Beer Review - 5 February 2021.

Today, I'm going to be doing another non alcoholic beer review, this one by Bravus Brewing Co out of Newport Beach, California!  This is Bravus' Amber Ale.  I'm usually an IPA or a pale ale guy, but I don't mind the occasional amber brew!  I've been getting more into NA beers lately, and I've been diving into that world and trying as many of them as possible!  Their description for this one says, "Our Amber Ale features toasty, biscuity and caramel notes balanced with earthy and citrus hop aromas. Capped by a very clean bitterness, it’s incredibly versatile with food but also enjoyable on its own."  Bravus beer comes in at <0.5% in terms of ABV.  I couldn't find an IBU for this one.

Alright, we've done the background stuff, now let's get into what you really came here for and talk about this tasty beer!  When you pour it up, it pours a dark amber color.  I notice a lighter/thinner head to it, and a light to medium amount of carbonation.  In the aroma I pick up a toasty malt smell, along with hints of caramel and a light sweetness.  In the mouth, it has a light to medium body, and a lighter amount of carbonation.  In terms of the taste, it's got a rich, fully developed flavor profile!  In the flavor, I pick up toasted malt, and a mild hop flavor.  It's not supper bitter, and has al light sweetness to it.  There's also a light herbal hint, and a little toffee in the back.  It finishes clean, and smooth!

Rating and Final Thoughts

While not my usual style of beer, I still enjoyed the flavor of this one.  It was certainly a nice change of pace.  This one ended up at 3.21 out of 5 for me.  Not really a beer I can just sit and sip, more of one I'd want to have with a big meal, or if I was out BBQ'ing or something.  But all in all, pretty tasty!



Comments