Bravus IPA (Non Alcoholic) - Review. 25 January 2021.

I recently acquired a sampler pack of beers by Bravus Brewing in Newport Beach, California.  The first one I cracked into and wanted to review was their non-alcoholic IPA!  If you're not familiar with Bravus, they're a California based brewery established in 2015.  They make a wide range of beers under the Bravus brand name.  The description for this one says, "Packed full of Simcoe, Amarillo, Citra and Columbus hops, our IPA has a mild bitterness with hints of citrus and a subtle malt backbone.  Super approachable for those that don't normally drink IPAs."  It's said to have an ABV of <0.5%, and I couldn't find an IBU count for it online.

Being a big IPA fan, I was quite stoked to pop the top and give this one a try!  When you pour it into a glass, the color that you'll notice is a beautiful golden, caramel color.  In the aroma, mild hops come through clearly, along with hints of grain, and a touch of caramel.  I also seem to pick up a little bit of rye in the mix, as well.  In the mouth, the beer has a light body, along with a mid-medium amount of carbonation.  In the flavor, I pick up milt tones of citrus up front, such as orange and lemon.  It has a nice hop flavor to it, along with a subtle malt presence, and a hint of grain.  It's not overly bitter, either.  It has a pretty clean, smooth finish to it as well!

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rather enjoyed this one.  It's a good, middle of the road IPA.  It's an easy drinking beer, but with a complex flavor that I found myself really enjoying.  I rated this one at 3.08 / 5.  My sample pack didn't have too many of them in there to try, so I'm going to have to grab some more to test to see if it could end up in my IPA rotation!  If you like non alcoholic IPAs though, you may want to check this one out, it's pretty tasty.



Comments

  1. Good stuff, I just ordered some and I can’t wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment