Stockholm Snus - Review. 28 December 2020.

Today, I'm going to be talking about a new snus from the folks at Kurbitssnus, a new-ish smaller manufacturer in Sweden.  I'm a big fan of Kurbitssnus, and I've reviewed all of their offerings previously, but I'm particularly partial to their Fäbodsnus, it's become a personal favorite of mine.  This one is, like that one, rather unique, and also rather complex.  As of right now, I've only seen it for sale at SnusBolaget for Sweden, but I imagine in time we'll see it available for the US market, as well.  The flavor description says, "Kurbits Stockholm basically has a classic tobacco taste combined with sweet licorice, a fresh taste of citrus, and hints of flowers.  The tobacco has been mixed and processed to feel light, appealing and fresh".  Each can weighs 18 grams, and I counted 21 portions, weighed out at an average of 0.86g each.  The nicotine content is 17mg/g (1.7%), which would be around 14.62mg/portion.

Kurbits has also updated their snus cans to now be ISCC certified.  This means the snus cans are made in a manufacturing process that is done completely without fossil energy.  The snus can is made of "tall oil".  Tall oil is a residue of the pulp making process
 

As I said before, this snus is quite complex.  It almost seems to blend aspects of their Morgondagg snus and their Soldat snus.  The aroma begins as sweet and floral, and then elements of black licorice, citrus, and pepper mingle in.  The portions are moderately soft to the touch, and comfortable under the lip.  They also have an interesting cooling effect in the lip, but it's not minty, which is quite surprising.  In the flavor profile, I pick up a mixing of black licorice, slightly tart citrus, and notes of pepper.  There is also a floral sweetness that mingles throughout the background, adding an extra depth to the flavor profile.  The tobacco character in the background is milder, and of a gentle nature.  The nicotine strength does feel to be around the strong level, and I find the flavor lasts up to around an hour, on average!

Rating and Final Thoughts:

Stockholm Snus came in at 4.17 out of 5 for me, a pretty high score.  I'm a big fan of Kurbits products, and haven't met one yet that I didn't like.  This one is a deliciously complex snus, but not so overbearing that it couldn't be an all day product.  People who like traditional snus, and those who like licorice snus, will be pretty satisfied with how Kurbits has been able to blend these flavors together.  It's very well done. Is it a full time use product for me?  Probably not.  But, it is one that I'll probably keep around, much like their Fäbodsnus.  Another home run by the folks at Kurbitssnus!



Comments