Snö Nicotine Pouches: Pepperkaka Review - 28 December 2020.

A few months back, I reviewed Snö Nicotine Pouches, a new nicotine pouch line that comes in completely recyclable boxes.  Today, I'm going to be reviewing their Christmas offering:  Snö Pepperkaka (Gingerbread).  Yes, I know, it's December 28th.  Christmas was a few days ago.  However, this was only available in Sweden, so it took me a little longer to get it.  Better late than never, though!  The flavor description for this one says, "SNÖ Pepparkaka has flavors of cloves, cardamom and ginger".  Each box weighs 7.5g with a total of 20 portions for 0.38g each.  The nicotine content is listed as 18mg/g (1.8%), which would be around 6.84mg/portion.

As these come in a box, you have to slide out the little tray to get a portion out.  You'll notice the portions are small, and quite dry to the touch.  However, they do get more comfortable as they get more moist under your lip.  The aroma comes through in a present way with tones of cinnamon, along with subtle notes of clove and ginger.  It doesn't translate as boldly in the taste, however.  Yes, I still taste those elements of cinnamon, the hints of clove and ginger, but in a much more minor way than I noticed in the aroma.  It's a pretty light flavor.  In terms of nicotine, it doesn't feel too strong.  I notice some nicotine, but nothing really over the top.  With one, I'd probably place it a little below regular strength.  The flavor seems to last about 30-40 minutes on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one came in at 2.75/5 for me.  Honestly, the fact that I love these boxes so much and gave the design a 5/5 brought the score up.  They're not really for me.  I don't use nicotine pouches, and these are too small and dry for me.  I also thought the taste was much too mild.  However, I know nicotine pouches are quite popular, so I imagine the people who use nicotine pouches will enjoy this one.  It's just not one I'd necessarily use.  However, I do give major props to them for the recyclable packaging.  As an environmentalist myself, I applaud companies who take this approach!



Comments