Flora CBD: Long Cut CBDips Review - 4 January 2021.

As you all know, I've been getting really into CBD lately.  I blame it on Mrs. Snubie, she's the one who got me into it.  I've mostly been using CBD in the pouch format, but she also uses the oil.  I recently discovered something new that I just had to try out, and today we're going to be talking about Flora CBD's Long Cut CBDips products!  Yes, you heard that correctly, long cut CBD.  Now for me, as a snus guy, I use CBD along with snus.  For me, CBD is something added to my day and not really a replacement.  However, I could see these being a great alternative for people looking to quit dip and switch to a non-tobacco, non-nicotine alternative.  But, if you're new to CBD, let's do a little background first before we get into the reviews!

CBD, or Cannabidiol, is a naturally occurring compound found in the hemp plant.  According to Drugs.com it’s useful for relieving anxiety, depression, pain, inflammation, and can also be used to improve sleep.  For me, I mainly use it for back pain (because I own and work on our farm), as well as frequent headaches.  Mrs. Snubie uses it for headaches, back pain (she's a nurse, so she stays quite busy), insomnia, and other feminine pains, for our female audience.  Needless to say, CBD is awesome and I've become a big fan of it recently.

When you open a can of CBDips, this is what you're greeted with.  A beautiful, moist, long cut material. What exactly is it?  Well, their website says, "Our signature CBD dip is made with non-GMO full-spectrum hemp flower for a healthier, tobacco-free dip alternative. Each can of our dip contains long cut CBD-rich flowers, providing users with a convenient and fast-acting consumption method."  

The ingredients are listed as Kudzu Leaves, Mint Leaves, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Caramel Color, Cayenne Pepper, Salt, Tabasco Mash, Mint Oils, Natural Flavors, Artificial Flavors, Hemp-derived extract.  Kudzu is used in other products like Fully Loaded, and mint leaf is commonly used in other products like Jake's Mint Chew.  Totally safe, and it provides a great texture for the loose material in the can.

Can Contents and CBD Contents:
In terms of contents, I found an average weight of 28.2 grams per container.  CBDips contain 200mg of CBD per can, so doing some quick math that would be around 7.09mg/g.  I usually use 1-2 grams per pinch myself, so that's going to give me 7.09mg to 14.18mg per pinch of CBD.

Usage:
For my snus audience who may not be used to long cut, this isn't something you can really hand bake as we do with loose snus.  This is, like American moist snuff, mint to be pinched and put under the lip.  If you've used single cut Swedish Snus, you'll find this is comparable to that.

Reviews:
So as not to get repetitive, in the reviews I'm going to mainly cover aroma and flavor.  There are certain things that each product has in common, so I'm going to cover those real quick before we get into the reviews.  In terms of the material inside the can, I find it is dark, moist, and quite easy to pack.  I notice a quick release of flavor with these, and I find the flavors all seem to be pretty long lasting, up to about the 40-50 minute mark in each product.  

CBDips: Wintergreen

Flavor Description:  "A refreshing mint flavor."

Can Design:  A black can with green tones to denote the Wintergreen flavor.

CBDips: Wintergreen Review:  
When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is a mild, but direct aroma of wintergreen.  It's mildly sweet, and subtle in nature.  As you all know, I'm not the biggest fan of wintergreen, but I found this one to be pretty approachable and enjoyable.  The wintergreen flavor was pretty well balanced in nature, refreshing, lightly sweet, and not too overbearing.  For someone who doesn't use wintergreen, I did find myself enjoying this one more than I thought I would.

CBDips: Southern Peach

Flavor Description:  "A sweet peachy flavor."

Can Design:  A black can with brown and gold tones, perhaps as a note to the "southern" style, or the peach flavoring.

CBDips: Southern Peach Review:
I was really excited to try this one, because peach isn't a common flavor in products I use (like snus, and nicotine pouches).  The peach aroma of this one is gentle, and subtly sweet in nature.  The flavor of this one was quite delicious.  It almost had a tea-like quality to the flavor profile, and the peach flavor came through quite clearly, and with just the right amount of sweetness.  It wasn't too overdone, either, which I like.  It was very well balanced!

CBDips: Fuego

Flavor Description:  "Minty and spicy notes."

Can Design:  A black can with darker colors of burgundy and dark gold, perhaps as a symbol of the "fuego" or "fire" character.

CBDips: Fuego Review:
This is the one I was probably the most intrigued by, because I had no idea what this one would taste like.  The aroma I found upon opening the can was a tea-like, minty nature with a subtle spice to it.  In terms of the flavor, it had a very tea like nature to it with subtle herbal tones.  It does have a mild minty presence to it, but not like it's an exclusively mint product.  There's also some interesting spice notes to it that seem to contribute a mild peppery tone.  It was pretty interesting, to say the least.

CBDips: Cinnamon

Flavor Description:  "A sweet and mildly spicy cinnamon flavor."

Can Design:  A darker can with burgundy and brown notes, denoting the cinnamon flavor.

CBDips: Cinnamon Review:
The aroma of this one pops out as soon as you open the can.  It's got a nice presence of cinnamon.  Slightly sweet, slightly spicy, kind of like Big Red Chewing Gum.  The flavor is pretty tasty on this one as well.  The cinnamon is front and center, not too bold, not too weak.  It's a little spicy, but balanced out by notes of sweetness, as well.  The flavor is pretty balanced, and has a good presence to it.

CBDips: Bourbon

Flavor Description:  "A classic bourbon flavor."

Can Design:  A black can with brown and gold tones, denoting the bourbon flavor of this one.

CBDips: Bourbon Review:
I saved this one for last, because it was the one I was the most stoked to try.  I don't drink bourbon myself, but I like the flavor when applied to tobacco.  Earlier this year I made a limited edition bourbon snus, so I know it's a fun flavor to play around with.  So I was curious to try it in a non-tobacco product.  The aroma of this one has those dark, rich notes of bourbon along with earthy and wooden tones.  The flavor itself is pretty tasty.  It's not boozy, nor does it taste like cheap bourbon additive.  The bourbon notes are clear, rich in nature, lightly sweet, with earthy tones and notes of wood in the flavor profile.  I was actually pretty impressed with this one.

CBD Effect
So, the important part, does the product deliver any CBD?  I found that on average, after a few days of usage, and when going 1.5-2 grams per pinch, that the CBD effect was moderate in nature, with a steady delivery over time.  I was satisfied with the CBD release on this one.  

Rating and Final Thoughts
Now, what did I actually think about the products?  I definitely enjoyed them.  For me, long cut (or, in snus, single cut), isn't something I can use all the time.  I enjoy it mainly when I'm relaxing at home, or outside working.  This definitely fills that mark when I'm looking for that particular product.  I found the flavors on all of these products to be pretty solid, even the wintergreen one (and I don't really use wintergreen products myself).  In terms of the products themselves, I'll rank them from top to bottom - Bourbon (3.54/5), Southern Peach (3.46/5), Cinnamon (3.38/5), Wintergreen (3.21/5), and Fuego (3.13/5).  Of the 5, the ones I would probably buy again in the future are Bourbon and Southern Peach.

Where To Buy
If you're interested in trying these out, you can get these from this link, via their website.  They were pretty cool when I talked to them and even gave me a code I could give you guys to use, SNUBIE15 will get you 15% off your order.  Enjoy!




Comments