77 Nicotine Pouches: Black Currant - Review. 23 November 2020.

Today, we're talking about a nicotine pouch product from 77 Pouches, a new company out of Poland. With nicotine pouch companies seemingly popping up over night, and no industry quality/safety standards at this time, I'm hesitant to review products from outside of Sweden/Denmark. But, I recently filmed an interview with 77 for Snus Con 2020, and I got to know about their product/quality/safety standards, and I feel comfortable using them and recommending them to people.  Today, we're talking about one of my favorite flavors - Black Currant! If you've never had blackcurrant, it has a tart, dark berry type of flavor, kind of like a darker, more tart grape. Wine drinkers, if you like Cabernet Sauvignon, most of them taste like blackcurrant.

The flavor description for this one says, "Ripe blackcurrant berries saturated with sour-sweet juice."  Each can weighs 10g and has 20 portions for 0.5g portions.  The nicotine content is 20mg/g (2.0%), which breaks down to 10mg/portion. 

When you open the can, a natural blackcurrant smell comes through.  It is tart, and lightly sweet.  The portions are slim, moderately soft, and light in weight.  They also come with a gentle cooling presence under the lip.  The flavor is a natural, mild taste of black currant.  It's not super sweet, and is lightly tart in nature.  I also don't notice a lot of mint in the taste, which is nice.  The nicotine feels a little above regular, and the flavor lasts about 40-45 minutes on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one came in at 3.04 out of 5 for me.  I know that may sound low, but I don't really use nicotine pouches.  For me, anything at 3.0 or above is a pretty good product.  That's a "high rating" for me when it comes to nicotine pouches.  I rather enjoyed the flavor of this one, though, and would probably use this one again.  

If you use nicotine pouches and want a unique flavor, this is definitely one to check out.  I like the way 77 approached the flavor of black currant with this one.  It has a much more present flavor of it, and it comes across really well.

77 Nicotine Pouches are available from SnusDirect.com.

Comments