Snö Nicotine Pouches - Review (Discontinued). 30 October 2020.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.  

I've been seeing these Snö Nicotine Pouches on Instagram lately, and I've been really looking forward to reviewing them.  I'm not a nicotine pouch user, but I'm a big environmentalist, so I was pretty excited to see these recyclable boxes; that was the main thing that made me want to review them!  As of right now, the only place I've seen them for sale is Snusbolaget, so if you're wanting to try them, that's the only place I've really found them.  Each box weighs 7.5g and has 20 portions, for 0.38g each.  The nicotine is 7mg/portion.

In terms of the packaging, Snö comes in completely recyclable boxes.  I'm a farmer, so I found that when I was working outside I did have a tendency to crush them.  But that's really the only negative I found.  I like the concept, because I think it's great that companies are looking into ways to make snus cans (and now boxes) more environmentally friendly.  The packaging was one aspect of this product that I really enjoyed and found to be quite unique!

Snö Chili (Nicotine Pouches)

Flavor:  "A hot taste of chili, a real taste kick."

Review:  When you open the box, a little aroma of spice comes through.  I don't pick up much else though, it's very light.  The portions are small, light in weight, and dry.  In terms of flavor, I honestly taste more portion material than anything.  There's a light hint of spice, but not much.  In terms of nicotine, with one I really don't feel anything.  When I use 3 portions, it feels to be around regular strength.  The flavor doesn't last too long, usually only about 30-40 minutes on average.

Snö Cinnamon (Nicotine Pouches)

Flavor:  "A juicy and Christmas-like taste of cinnamon."

Review:  For the review, everything I said above about the portions, nicotine strength, and flavor longevity is the same, so I'll just be talking about aroma and flavor in the review.  Of the three, this one had the most aroma and flavor.  The aroma is a present, spicy smell of cinnamon.  It translates well in the flavor, as a mild cinnamon taste which comes through clearly.  It's a little spicy, and not overly sweet!
  
Snö Evergreen (Nicotine Pouches)

Flavor:  "A refreshing mint taste combined with a sour and natural pine taste."

Review:  For the review, everything I said above about the portions, nicotine strength, and flavor longevity is the same, so I'll just be talking about aroma and flavor in the review.  In terms of aroma, there isn't much.  I pick up a very faint hint of pine.  The flavor isn't too bold either.  It seems to be a mild mint type of taste, with an almost wintergreen/pine mix in the background.

Snö Mint (Nicotine Pouches)

Flavor:  "A fresh and cool mint and menthol flavor."

Review:  For the review, everything I said above about the portions, nicotine strength, and flavor longevity is the same, so I'll just be talking about aroma and flavor in the review.  The aroma of this one is a very light, very faint touch of mint.  In terms of flavor, I mostly taste the portion material, and then a very faint flavor of mint.  It's mild, and not super sweet, either.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I don't really use mini products, or nicotine pouches, so these products weren't for me.  As you can see, I rated them 2.5 out of 5 across the board.  The only one that was higher was Cinnamon, at 2.75 out of 5.  That one seems to have more aroma and flavor than the others.  I really enjoyed the packaging, giving it 5 stars across the board, which brought the overall averages up.  However, these products aren't for me, and aren't ones I'd use.  But, if you're a nicotine pouch consumer, you may enjoy these.  Especially if you're an environmentalist like me!

Comments