Lyft Royal Purple Mini (Nicotine Pouches) - Review (Discontinued). 30 October 2020.

NOTE:  The Lyft brand has been rebranded as Velo.  As such, this product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

This product is two interesting things in one.  First, it's the first mini nicotine pouch in the Lyft series.  Second, it's the first grape flavored nicotine pouch ever released.  Which is a bummer, because it's a unique flavor, but I'm not a big mini fan myself, so not something that will end up in my full time rotation.  But, it was definitely fun to try it out, and I think mini fans will enjoy this one.  The flavor description for Lyft Royal Purple says, "LYFT Royal Purple has the taste of red grapes with hints of freshness and acidity."  Each can weighs 10g and has 20 portions, for 0.5g portions.  The nicotine content is 12mg/g (1.2%), or 6mg/portion.

When you open the can, a mild aroma of grape comes through.  It's pretty natural, and lightly sweet in nature.  The portions are slim, moderately soft, and small in size.  There's also some material in the can, but I didn't find any portions that were busted open so I'm not sure what that is from.  The flavor is, as promised, grape.  It's mild in presence, and not overly sweet.  It also doesn't taste too artificial, which is nice.  The nicotine strength, with one, feels to be a little less strong than regular strength.  And the flavor, on average, lasts about 40-45 minutes, which is pretty common of the Lyft series.

Ratings and Final Thoughts

So, my rating on this one seems pretty low at 2.66 out of 5.  Mainly, it's because I'm not a big fan of mini portions.  The aroma and flavor were pretty enjoyable however the small portion size and lower nicotine strength brought it down for me.  But, if this were in a larger portion size, I'd probably enjoy it more.  Now if you're a mini portion fan, check this one out.  It's incredibly unique, and one I think lovers of smaller sized portions will definitely enjoy.

NOTE:  SnusExpress.com carries the Velo version of this one.  Same flavor, different name.  Here's a link - https://www.snusexpress.com/us/en/brands/velo/velo-royal-purple-mini-10g-7972.

Comments