Skruf Double Mint #4 (Xtra Stark) Slim White - Review (Discontinued). 11 September 2020.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

I know, you're thinking the same thing as I am, mint snus is just what the world needs more of.  I find it hard to get excited about new mint releases, but I realize it's what sells these days, so I get why companies are making more of them.  Skruf has decided that "mint" wasn't enough, so they released this one - Skruf DOUBLE Mint.  That's right, not just mint, but double mint.  The flavor description says, "A mint taste with hints of eucalyptus and tobacco".  Each can weighs 16.6g and has 24 portions, for 0.69g portions.  It's a #4, or Xtra Stark product, which puts it around 17mg/g (1.7%), or 11.73mg/portion.  For comparison purposes, the only other "double mint" product that I can think of is Oden's Double Mint (Slim White Dry).  So, this type of flavor isn't exactly common in the world of mint.

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is a sharp, focused presence of eucalyptus and menthol. There is a light, subtle presence of peppermint in the background, as well. The portions are very soft to the touch, comfortable in the lip, and don't require much fluffing. There's a mild burn when you put one in, which gives way to a little cooling presence shortly thereafter. The flavor is mostly that eucalyptus and menthol flavor profile, accompanied by mild hints of peppermint. I'm assuming "double mint" would refer to menthol + peppermint.  The nicotine level feels to be pretty firmly at the extra strong level and packs a solid kick.  The flavor, on average, lasts about an hour.

Rating:
Packaging - 4/5 - A beautiful, reflective can with a nice teal color.
Aroma - 2.5/5 - A very strong menthol aroma with hints of peppermint. Not as much peppermint as I expected, for it being the secondary mint in the "double mint".
Portion/Mouthfeel - 3.5/5 - Very soft, comfortable, minimal fluffing.  There is a burn, at first, when you put one in.
Flavor - 2.5/5 - Eucalyptus/Menthol isn't really my thing, but it has a good flavor presence.  I just wish the second mint, peppermint, was more present in the flavor profile.
Nicotine - 3/5 - Quite a strong kick, stronger than I personally prefer.
Flavor Longevity - 5/5 - Solid longevity, up to an hour on average.
Average - 3.42/5 - Not a bad snus, but I wish the two mints were in more equal parts for it to be a true "double mint" experience.

Final Thoughts
This snus isn't personally for me, so I probably wouldn't order it again.  But I recognize that people like mint snus, and some dig that menthol/eucalyptus flavor.  So if that's your sort of thing, you may enjoy this one.  Especially if you want one with a strong kick to it.

Comments