Oden's Cold Snus Soft Packs - Review. 23 September 2020.

I was recently browsing SnusMe.com, and I found two new products from GN Tobacco:  Oden's, but in soft packs.  These flavors aren't new, but the packaging is.  It looks like they've released two versions:  Oden's Cold Extreme White Dry, and Oden's Cold Extreme White Dry Slim.  These are basically the same as the regular versions in the round cans, but they come in these neat little soft packs. If you've never had Oden's Cold before, it's said to have "a taste of spearmint".

 
This photo shows a comparison between these soft packs and a regular snus can.  They're a little bigger than a snus can, but slim.  They obviously fit great in the pocket.  I was trying to think of when these would be used, and it made me think of a buddy of mine that works in construction.  He always told me that he had a habit of crushing his dip cans in his pocket.  I imagine these would come in handy in those situations.  Also, for those who don't want a "can ring" in their pocket and want to be discrete, this would be a good option for people like that.  

Oden's Cold Extreme (Slim White Dry)

Contents:  13g, 20 portions, 0.65g portion
Nicotine:  22mg/g (2.2%) / 14.3mg/portion

Review:  
The aroma of this one is a present, lightly sweet smell of spearmint.  The portions are slim, and pretty soft for a white dry.  When you put one under the lip there is a light burn, then a gentle cooling presence.  The flavor is a present taste of spearmint, but it's not overly sweet, which I like.  There is a mild taste of tobacco in the background, as well.  The nicotine on this one feels to be between strong and extra strong.  Also, being a white dry, you get a really long lasting flavor, usually up to 1.5 hours on average.

Oden's Cold Extreme (White Dry Portion)

Contents:  16g, 20 portions, 0.8g portion
Nicotine:  22mg/g (2.2%) / 17.6mg/portion

Review:
This review is going to be super easy.  Are you ready?  Here we go.  This one is basically the same as the other one, but with two differences:  the portion and the nicotine.  The portion is the regular size instead of the slim.  And the nicotine feels to be closer to extra strong, due to more nicotine per portion.  But the aroma and flavor is the same as the last one.  


Rating
These are similar products other than the portion size and nicotine, so I just did an average on the score and put them together.
Packaging - 3/5 - These aren't really for me, but I can accept that these are good for people who need this sort of thing.
Aroma - 3/5 - Not bad in the aroma department, and less sweet than some other spearmint products on the market.
Mouthfeel - 2.75/5 - I don't really dig the white dry format myself, so these are a little more dry than I prefer.  But, they are softer than some other white dry products on the market.
Flavor - 3/5 - I like that it isn't as sweet as other spearmint products out there, and I like that I can actually taste tobacco in these.
Nicotine - 2/5 - I don't really do a lot of extra strong, so this is a big stronger than I personally prefer.
Flavor Longevity - 4.5/5 - I do love how long white dry snus lasts.  1.5 hours is a solid amount of time for flavor longevity.
Overall Rating - 3.04/5 - The same taste as regular Oden's Cold, but in a soft pack.  It's not really a product I use, but it isn't awful or anything.

Final Thoughts
If you like Oden's Cold, but want a soft pack, here you go.  This is the same product you know and love but in a pocket friendly soft pack.

Comments