Lyft London Flair (Strong) Nicotine Pouches - Review (Discontinued). 23 September 2020.

NOTE:  The Lyft brand has been rebranded as Velo.  As such, this product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

It seems like most new Lyft products seem to launch in Denmark before they expand to the rest of the market.  Recently, two new Lyft products appeared via Lyft Denmark, Lyft London Flair and Lyft Blonde Roast.  This one, London Flair, isn't technically new.  A few months ago, Lyft Lab was released, a test series with 3 unique flavors.  Lyft Lab No3 was called "Gin and Tonic", and this one is a return of that one.  But it's a special type of Gin and Tonic.  The flavor description for this one says, "A refreshing taste of cucumber and black pepper".  Now, from what I know about the Gin and Tonic drink, it's a mix of gin and tonic water.  I wasn't sure how cucumber and black pepper came into the mix, but then I discovered something called a "Greek Gin and Tonic", which has cucumber and black peppercorns in it.  Each can weighs 16.8 grams and has 24 portions for 0.7 gram portions. The nicotine content is 14mg/g (1.4%) for 9.8mg/portion.

NOTE:  I wasn't sure how the name London Flair related to Gin and Tonic, but I read that the Gin and Tonic drink was invented by the British.  So, that may be why "London" is in the name.

If you're not familiar with nicotine pouches (pictured right), here's a quick rundown.  They're similar to regular snus (pictured left), but they're different.  Nicotine pouches contain plant fiber, but no tobacco.  They also have nicotine.  So nicotine pouches are a type of product that are free from tobacco, but still allow people to enjoy nicotine.  I don't personally use them much myself, but as a harm reduction advocate I'm glad they're out there for people who are looking to quit tobacco but still enjoy nicotine.

 
When you open the can, a nice aroma of cucumber greets you, along with a faint hint of lime, and a touch of black pepper.  One thing I noticed about this one is that the aroma and flavor seem more pronounced than in the limited edition Lyft Lab I reviewed a while back.  The portions are slim, soft to the touch, and comfortable under the upper lip.  The flavor is quite delicious; this may be one of the tastiest nicotine pouches I've ever had.  I love the taste of cucumber; one of my favorite drinks is the Cucumber Lime Gatorade.  The cucumber taste is present and enjoyable.  The black pepper flavor stays in the background, and is a nice compliment to the cucumber.  I also seem to notice a faint touch of lime in there.  The nicotine strength feels to be a little above the regular strength mark, and the flavor lasts about 45 minutes, on average!

Rating
Packaging - 4/5 - I've always enjoyed the futuristic look of the Lyft cans.
Aroma - 3.5/5 - A really pleasant and enjoyable aroma of cucumber and pepper.
Mouthfeel - 3.5/5 - Comfortable in the lip, slim, and soft!
Flavor - 4/5 - Probably one of the best tasting nicotine pouches I've had to date.
Nicotine - 3.5/5 - A little stronger than my preferred strength, regular.
Flavor Longevity - 3.5/5 - Flavor lasts a good 45 minutes.
Overall Rating - 3.66/5 - Probably one of the best tasting and most unique nicotine pouches out there.

Final Thoughts
I really enjoyed it!  One of the most unique flavors out there, and really enjoyable.  Not something I could use full time, but I'll definitely order more of this in the future because of how unique it is.

SPECIAL THANKS:  To our friend Jakob in Denmark who helped us acquire this product.

Comments