One Gul/Yellow (White Portion) - Review (Discontinued). 3 May 2020.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

Back in 2017, Swedish Match released the One line.  This line was created in collaboration with UFC fighter Alexander "The Mauler" Gustafsson.  They've since dropped his name from the cans, and done a slight redesign/restructuring of the One line, and added a few tastes to it.  This product line was launched to deliver a premium taste with a cheaper price tag.  This is one of two new flavors added to the One line when it launched.  The flavor description says it has "light and spicy tobacco character with clear elements of yuzu, as well as slightly herbs and orange blossom."  Each can weighs 22 grams and has 22 portions, for 1g portions.  The nicotine content is 14mg/g (1.4%), or 14mg/portion.  Don't feel bad if you're not familiar with "yuzu".  I had to look it up, myself.  It's a type of citrus that is about the size of a tangerine with a super sour and tart flavor.

When you open the can, the aroma is a sour, tart smell of citrus with hints of pepper.  It reminds me of grapefruit.  The portions are soft, and have a super slim portion material.  They're also nice and plump, and fill out the lip really well.  The thinner material/more fibrous material seems to give a more quick/steady release of flavor than your standard white portion.  The flavor is pretty nice if you like citrus.  It's a present taste of citrus that reminds me of grapefruit.  It's nice and sour, and pretty tart.  There's an earthy tobacco taste in the background, and hints of pepper.  It's super tasty.  The nicotine strength feels to be right at the strong level, and the flavor lasts about an hour on average.  

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.42/5.  While not something I'd use full time, I do enjoy the flavor anytime I get a craving for a tart/sour citrus.  The portions are really the star of the show, though, and I hope eventually Swedish Match adopts these portions across their entire line.  The ONE line is pretty solid, and has some pretty great products.  I'll be revisiting and re-reviewing them soon so that I can add ratings to the entire line, because I wasn't really rating products the last time I reviewed them.  So, stay tuned, more to come.  But, if you're in the market for a tart citrus flavored snus, give this one a go!



Comments