Ace Superwhite (Licorice Mint) Nicotine Pouches - Review. 24 March 2020.

A few months ago, Ministry of Snus released their new line of tobacco-free products: Ace Nicotine Pouches. This line launched with four flavors, and contains nicotine, but no tobacco.  Now, they've added a new flavor: licorice mint!  If you aren't familiar with nicotine pouches, these products usually consist of some form of plant fiber instead of tobacco.  They're a good option for people who may want to quit tobacco, but not nicotine.  I don't personally use them, but as a harm reduction advocate, I'm glad they're out there.  Now, to preface this review, I have to mention this:  I'm not a fan of mixing mint and licorice.  I've tried it in many other products, but I've never been able to get into it.  However, I'll remain as objective as possible in this review.

The flavor description for this one says, "Meet licorice and mint in a strong and carefully balanced mix! The characteristic flavor of licorice adds a natural edge to the fresh, pure mint. You get an ultra clean experience of raw licorice with notes of fresh mint, completely tobacco free." Each can weighs 12g and has 24 portions, for 0.5g portions. The nicotine content is 16mg/g (1.6%), or 8mg/portion.

When you open the can, there is a presence of salty black licorice, with a touch of menthol in the background. The portions are slim, soft, and feel great under the lip. They also come with a cooling presence, as well. The flavor is, of course, licorice and mint. The flavor is black licorice is pretty present, has a mild amount of salt, and a touch of sweetness. The mint character comes through mildly, and seems to be more of a menthol presence.  The nicotine strength on this one feels to be a touch above the regular strength level, and I find the flavor lasts around 40-50 minutes on average!  As I've said, I don't really like this flavor of snus.  So this one isn't for me.  But, if you like licorice and mint together, you may enjoy this one!

Ace Nicotine Pouches are available from SnusDirect.com.

Comments