Thunder X (Chew Bags) - Review. 3 August 2019.

I've reviewed the Thunder X Snus products before, but today we're doing something a little different. We're going to talk about Thunder X Chew Bags! I've had some requests for this product and my friend Jakob in Denmark hooked me up with a can of it, so I figured I'd do a review of it!  If you're not familiar with chew bags or Nordic Chew, I'll do a quick recap.  Basically, these are products that are made the same way as snus.  The only difference is the tobacco is cut instead of ground, and it has a thicker portion material so they can technically be chewed (though I never do, I just use them like snus).

The flavor description for this one says it has a "strong mint/menthol flavor that moves your mind and brings up cold images of mother nature far north". Each can weighs 13.2g and has 24 portions for 0.55g portions. The nicotine content is 45mg/g (4.5%), which breaks down to 24.75mg/portion.

This is how V2 describes their chew bag products: "The tobacco leaves are heated and moistened with steam so they can be cut into smaller pieces. The tobacco for Thunder Chewing Bags are pieces cut with a length of between 5 - 50 mm and a width of 0.6-0.8 mm. The bags used are specially designed to be chewed to release flavor and nicotine. It is made from a paper with a special weave which which is thicker and much stronger than the type of bag that snus is packed in. Thunder Chewing Bags are also fundamentally different from the other chewing tobacco products on the market by being cut tobacco in small bags while others are made from spun tobacco." You can see that they don't look too much different from regular snus by looking at the photo. The tobacco inside, however, is the main difference you can see in the picture, as the chew bag tobacco is cut and the snus tobacco is ground. And though it's said that you can chew these bags, again, I never do.

If you've had the Thunder X White Dry snus, this one is very similar to that one.  The aroma is a sharp peppermint smell with a mild tobacco character in the background.  The portions are thicker than the average white portion, and the tobacco is concentrated to one side so I do suggest fluffing these!  When I put a portion in the lip I notice a light burn, and then a mild cooling presence, as well.  The flavor is a mild, but sharp peppermint flavor.  There's also a light sweetness to it, and then a mild tobacco character in the background.  The nicotine kick is incredibly strong; I feel the nicotine hit quickly, and it is very, very strong.  I also find the flavor lasts a good amount of time, usually about 1.5 hours on average.

If you're somewhere you can chew bags but not snus, and want something in a mint flavor with a really high nicotine content, check this one out.  It's much too strong for me, but you may love it.

Comments