19 August 2019
The Snus World Cup 2019 - 19 August 2019.
This is pretty exciting news: SnusBolaget is hosting the first ever Snus World Cup! This is a contest for people to submit their own homemade snus, in both the portion and loose category, and the winner will see their product actually produced by AG Snus in Denmark! This contest is running August 15th to September 20th and is open to snus fans all in Sweden and Norway. You can use their kit, tobacco you grew yourself, a loose kit, or a portion kit. From there, add your flavors, mail it in (along with your recipe), and await the judge's decision! The contest is actually being judged by some heavyweights in the snus world such as Lars Olesen, who has been in the tobacco game for a long time and worked for companies such as Fiedler and Lundgren, and AG Snus. Also, Daniel "Pinhead" Carson, perhaps the most well known in the craft snus scene. He also helped make Soldat Vit, a snus product I recently reviewed by Kurbits Snus. Last, but not least, is my friend Conny Anderson. Maker of many Kardus products from Swedish Match, Islay Whisky Snus from GN Tobacco, Crafted Snus Whisky by AG Snus, and many more great products over the years. That is certainly a star studded panel of judges!
Now, I know you're ready for all the fine print and all the rules and everything that goes along with it. I have done my best to Google Translate the guidelines, terms, conditions, and everything that SnusBolaget gave me on this contest. As well as the details of what the winner gets.
- To participate, products must be submitted to SnusBolaget by September 20th, 2019.
- Only products approved by the National Food Agency can be used. Read more on that, here.
- You must be at 18 or older to participate.
- AG Snus will produce a portion winner, and a loose winner
- They will help choose the design and name along with the winner
- The winners can choose the charity they want the proceeds to go to.
- AG Snus reserves the right to publish your recipe.
- Sale of the winning products will be exclusively at SnusBolaget.se
- 1500 cans of portion, and 1500 cans of loose will be produced.
Also, I've been told I will be one of the first to review the winners product, so I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Please, be creative. There's enough mint snus out there. Think outside the box and come up with something people will remember!
More information, here!