Epok No5 Tropic Breeze S2 - Review. 30 March 2019.

Today I'm going to be reviewing a product from Norway in the Epok line that didn't exist when Epok was sold to the US: Epok Tropic Breeze. Note, this is not the same as Epok Breeze, one of the first Epok products I reviewed back in the day. This one actually reminds me of the Epok Chew Bags: Berry Frost that I reviewed a little while back. The flavor description for this one says it has "a taste consisting of mandarine, passionfruit and mango".  It comes in a 16.8 gram can with 24 portions for 0.7 gram portions. I found the nicotine content listed as 8.5mg/g (0.85%), which would be 5.95mg/portion.

A friend of mine got this can for me from Snuslageret.no, that's why the cans look like this. In Norway, snus cans come in this color, also known as Pantone 448 C, or 'opaque couché'. According to a survey, it is "the world's ugliest color". Also, cans in Norway have no graphics on them, they only have the name of the product.  I personally like the cans and the color.  I find the design simple, and minimalist.  So their effort to make snus less attractive did not work on me.
  
As usual, I had to cut open portions to look at what's inside an Epok portion. Now, if you're new to Epok, you may be asking yourself what "white tobacco" is. This is how Winnington describes it: "White tobacco is produced in a patented, environmentally friendly process that gently cleanses and refines brown tobacco. In this process, unwanted substances are minimized, such as heavy metals and nitrosamines. The feeling under the lip, nicotine strength and flavor experience is the same as in a regular snus pouch - but without the snus running or coloring your teeth. White tobacco contains white tobacco, nicotine, water, stabilizer and flavoring agents. White tobacco is produced in a water-based process, ensuring the tobacco is clean of all unwanted substances. White tobacco contains no natural sugar. Instead, xylitol is used as a sweetener."


When you open the can, the aroma is a fruity, tropical smell.  It's not overly sweet, either.  The portions are slim, soft, and comfortable in the lip. When you put one in, there's a mild burn in the lip at first, but it eventually fades away.  The taste is a lightly tangy, mildly sweet tropical fruit taste.  It's hard to describe but it reminds me of a mix of guava and mango.  The nicotine on this one. even though it's only 5.95mg/portion, feels to be right at the regular strength level. The flavor, on average, lasts about 35-40 minutes.

This one, as mentioned earlier, reminds me a lot of the Epok Berry Frost chew bags I reviewed a while back.  I liked those, and these were just as tasty!

For my non-Norway audience, you can buy a nicotine pouch version of this, available at SnusExpress.com.  Here's a purchase link:  https://www.snusexpress.com/us/en/brands/velo/velo-tropic-breeze-medium-slim-8961.

Comments