Granit Chew Bags - Review (2019 Versions). 26 February 2019.

NOTE:  This product is discontinued and is no longer produced.

I first reviewed Granit Chew Bags back in 2017. My friend Jakob in Denmark contacted me and told me that AG Snus was making the Granit Chew Bags now instead of Fiedler and Lundgren, which is who made them last time I reviewed them. So, a special thanks to him for sending these over for me to review. Since they have a new manufacturer, I figured it was time to revisit them.  I was told the reason AG Snus is making these is because there's a law now where chew bags can't be exported from Sweden to the EU.  Therefore, manufacturers in Denmark like AG Snus and V2 Tobacco are making chew bags for other companies.  When it comes to these, they are the same products offered as last time, but the only difference is the Original flavor now comes in Extra Strong, and it previously came in Strong.  But the cans look the same, and they also have the FlexLid, which I think is the greatest snus innovation since the portion.  If you don't know what the FlexLid is, here's a video I did on it a while back.  It's basically a catch lid that expands to accommodate more used portions.

NOTE:  If you don't know what "chew bags" or "Nordic Chew" is, I'm not going to go too much into it.  But, I've done a video on it if you want to know more.

Granit Chew Bags: Licorice (Strong White)

I don’t have a flavor description for this one, so I’m not sure what that is.  It comes in a 16.8 gram can with 24 portions, which means 0.7 gram portions.  I don’t know the nicotine content either, but I’m guessing it’s between 12mg/g-14mg/g.

When you open the can, the aroma is a present black licorice smell with a mild sweetness. The portions are much like other AG white portions: incredibly soft, and they feel really plump for only being 0.7 grams.  The taste is a present flavor of black licorice.  It's mildly sweet, but certainly not overdone.  The nicotine strength feels to be a hair stronger than regular strength, but it's not too over the top.  The flavor, on average, lasts about an hour!  The flavor is very similar to the old Granit Licorice Chew Bags, honestly.  AG did a good job carrying this flavor profile over to their production.

Granit Chew Bags: Mint (Strong White)

I don’t have a flavor description for this one, so I’m not sure what that is.  It comes in a 16.8 gram can with 24 portions, which means 0.7 gram portions.  I don’t know the nicotine content either, but I’m guessing it’s between 12mg/g-14mg/g.

When you open the can, the aroma is a sharp, lightly sweet peppermint smell. The portions are plump, soft, and very comfortable in the lip. Being a mint product, you'll also get a mild cooling sensation when you put a portion in the lip. The flavor is much like the aroma; it's a mild, lightly sweet, fresh peppermint taste. The nicotine strength feels to be just a little stronger than regular strength, so it's not too overbearing. And the flavor, on average, lasts about an hour. With this one, I didn't really notice as much menthol in it as I did the last time I had it. But that's really the only difference. That and the softer portions.

Granit Chew Bags:  Mint (Extra Strong White)

I don’t have a flavor description for this one, so I’m not sure what that is.  It comes in a 16.8 gram can with 24 portions, which means 0.7 gram portions.  I don’t know the nicotine content either, but I’m guessing it’s between 16mg/g-17mg/g.
With this one, everything is the exact same as the previous one I reviewed, except it feels just a little stronger.  But the aroma, mouth feel, flavor, and longevity is the exact same.

Granit Chew Bags: Original (Extra Strong White)

I don’t have a flavor description for this one, so I’m not sure what that is.  It comes in a 16.8 gram can with 24 portions, which means 0.7 gram portions.  I don’t know the nicotine content either, but I’m guessing it’s between 16mg/g-17mg/g.

When you open the can, the aroma is a mild, gentle smell of citrus with a light hint of tobacco. The portions are the usual AG Snus portions: soft, plump, and comfortable in the lip. The flavor is the traditional Swedish Snus flavor profile: citrus and tobacco. The citrus flavor is relatively mild, and accompanied by a gentle, earthy tobacco taste and a hint of pepper. As far as the nicotine strength goes it feels to be between strong and extra strong. The flavor, on average, lasts about an hour!  The flavor of this one is also pretty close to the old Granit Original.   AG did a good job with carrying over the flavor of this one, as well.

As far as these products go, they were pretty close to the last time I had them.  The main difference seems to be the portion material, honestly, which I don't mind because I love AG Snus' white portions.

Comments