Fall 2018 Snus: Ettan Jakt & Jakobsson's Äpple & Skogsbär (Reviews). 1 October 2018.

Fall is here, and I wanted to do a Fall 2018 Special Review to talk about a couple of fall products. I've reviewed both Ettan Jakt and Jakobsson's Äpple and Skogsbär in the past, but I felt like doing a special fall review of both of these products.  I'm a sucker for special editions and limited edition flavors, so I felt like revisiting these.  The Ettan Jakt is just a limited edition can design, so I haven't had it since I last reviewed it, but the Jakobsson's is a favorite of mine and I order it every year for the fall.  I grabbed a can of each of these on my recent SnusCENTRAL.com snus order, but will probably be grabbing more of the Jakobsson's soon!  That being said, let's get into the reviews!

Jakobsson's Äpple and Skogsbär

The flavor description says, "Jakobsson's Äpple and Skogsbär Portion Snus is this year's limited edition fall snus. This Autumn snus brings apple and dark forest berries making a very tasting treat!" This snus comes in a 20 gram can with 24 portions for 1 gram portions. The nicotine content is 10mg/g (1.0%) or 10mg/portion.

When I open the can, I notice apple almost immediately, accompanied by a light, mildly sweet berry smell in the background. The portions are soft and comfortable in the lip! As mentioned in the past, I love the moisture amount of Jakobsson's portions. They're moist, but not too moist, and have both a quick release of flavor and a long lasting flavor! I find the taste to be a lot like the aroma. The apple flavor is present, natural, and not overly sweet. I also notice a hint of pear, and a mild berry taste in the background that reminds me of a less-sweet strawberry flavor. The nicotine feels to be around the regular strength level, though it is a little stronger than 8mg/g. I find I can enjoy this snus longer than most original portions; I can keep a portion of this snus in for up to an hour! I really dig this snus, and it's one I always order for the fall season. If you haven't had it before, give it a try!

Ettan Jakt

The flavor description for this snus says, "Ettan Jakt lös snus, special limited edition of Ettan, is back for the autumn snus season launch! It's called Ettan Jakt (Hunting). Only 82K cans of Ettan Hunting were made for sale in the country, the Swedish Match stores in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Strömstad, as well as in selected tobacconists, particularly in the North...and to Moe Unz at your SnusCentral.com Snus Shop!" This snus comes with 42 grams of loose snus, and has a nicotine content of 7.5mg/g (0.75%).

As I mentioned before, this is regular Ettan Loose but in a limited edition can. I don't hunt, but this snus usually comes out every year around hunting season, so I associate it with fall/the outdoors. I don't use a lot of Ettan, but when I do I usually prefer the white portion format. However, I use the loose version every now and then, so this is a nice treat for the fall! Ettan Los has a mild, earthy tobacco smell with a hint of smoke and chocolate. As with most Swedish Match loose, this is beyond easy to handbake, and stays together quite well in the lip! The taste is a very natural, deep, earthy tobacco flavor. In the background I notice a very mild taste of chocolate, a hint of smoke, and a touch of salt. It's a very basic tasting snus, but sometimes it's all about the beauty of simplicity. The nicotine, when baking one gram prillas, feels to be about the regular strength level. I usually can keep a prilla in of this for around 35-45 minutes with no issues of breakage of mudslide.

Fall is my favorite season, and both of these products make a great addition!  Ettan Jakt for the limited edition design and Jakobssons Äpple & Skogsbär for the nice fall taste.

Comments