Killa (Cold Mint) Extra Strong Nicopods - (Old Review). 27 August 2018.

NOTE:  This is the old review.  Check out the new one - here!

I've been seeing a lot of posts on Instagram about Killapods. Now, as many of you know, I'm a snus user. But these things seem pretty popular so I figured I'd give them a try. The "nicopod" category has been growing a lot lately with more products launching that contain nicotine, but not tobacco. It seems that these are following that trend for consumers who want to enjoy nicotine but may not want to enjoy tobacco. The most popular ones I've seen online seem to be the Killa Cold Mint Extreme nicopods, so these are the ones I wanted to review. I don't know the company's flavor description, but by "Cold Mint" you can rationalize what flavor they're going to have. The company told me the portions are 0.5 grams each with a total nicotine content of 20mg/g. I counted 20 portions in the can, so it’s a 10 gram can. With 0.5 gram portions that would also break down to 10mg/portion.

As usual, since this is a new product to me, I wanted to cut open a portion and see what's inside. It looks like a very fine, powdery type material. But it's a little moist, and not too dry. The can says the product contains cellulose (E460), PH-adjuster (E501), humectant (1520), nicotine, aroma, water, and preservative.  So it's a tobacco free product, but one that delivers nicotine.

Upon opening the can, the aroma that I notice is a lightly sweet, but sharp smell of peppermint. The portions are soft to the touch and feel comfortable in the lip. They are a little lighter in weight, so they don’t fill out the lip too much, but they don’t feel too small, either. When you put a portion in the lip, there is a mild burn, and then a gentle cooling presence. The flavor is a lot like the aroma; there is a light, fresh taste of peppermint with a little sweetness. The nicotine content is what caught me off guard. While it’s listed at 20mg/g (or 10mg/portion), it feels very strong. I’ve found I can only keep the portions in for 15-20 minutes, because they hit really hard.

If you're someone who doesn't want to use tobacco but wants to use a product with nicotine, these are worth a shot.  Especially if you're a heavy smoker, because these have quite a kick to them!  From what I can tell, they serve the EU, so if you're in the EU you can check out their website - Killapods.eu.

Comments

Post a Comment