G4 FU:ZN (Apple Mint) Slim All White - Review (Discontinued). 22 February 2018.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

The G4 mint line has become somewhat of a favorite of mine over the past several months.   I generally use mint snus at night after I brush my teeth, and it's usually what I sleep with in my lip at night.  However, I got tired of stains on the pillowcases.  I tried nicotine pouches, and they just didn't feel right.  I tried G4 Blue Mint, because of the white tobacco in it, and I found these white tobacco products felt right and had that "snus feeling" in the lip, but with the "all white" experience.  The flavor description for this one says, "The snus has a mellow and spicy taste with clear notes of green apple and spearmint, together with hints of vanilla and coconut". This product comes in a 19.2 gram can with 24 portions, for 0.8 gram portions. The nicotine content is 17mg/g (1.7%) or 13.6mg/portion.

Now, what are the differences between regular snus, all white, and nicotine pouches? Regular snus is, of course, brown tobacco/regular tobacco. Nicotine pouches are products that don't contain tobacco - they have plant fiber and nicotine instead. All white is a mix of white tobacco with a small share of plant fiber. White tobacco is usually refined through some water-based process. You can see on the left the pouch looks like regular snus, except it's all white, as is the material inside the pouch. These also remain completely white before, during, and after use.

When you open the can, there is a mellow, lightly sweet blending of spearmint and apple.  It's not overly sweet, but it is a little sweeter than the average snus!  The portions are slim, soft, and feel great up under the lip! There is also a mild cooling sensation you'll feel when you put a portion under your lip. The flavor is, like the aroma, a mix of apple and mint. The apple flavor is present, natural, and lightly sweet. The spearmint flavor is milder, and compliments the apple taste quite well! I didn't notice any vanilla or coconut in the flavor though.  I've looked for it each time I've had this one and I can't seem to find it in the flavor.  The flavor seems to last about 45 minutes on average. The nicotine feels to right at the extra strong level and has a solid kick!  

Rating and Final Thoughts

I really enjoyed the taste of this one.  The apple and mint work well together, and it provides a solid, fresh flavor experience!  I rated this one at 3.58/5.  It's a little stronger than I prefer, but it's not overbearingly strong.  The flavor is quite unique though, and very enjoyable.  If you like mint products, this would be one to check out.  It's a nice mint flavor, but the apple really helps it stand apart from other mint products on the market!

NOTE:  The G.4 line has been discontinued, but SnusExpress.com still has a few of them available.



Comments

  1. Bought a 5-pack of this snus on my weekend-trip to Sweden from Norway, and without ever having heard of it I knew it was a risk as I'm not a huge fan of white pouches or mint flavors, but I remembered that I liked the G4 blue mint. Cant say that I'm disappointed. Great taste, and G4 delivers the nicotine so fast that I can actually feel it for the first time in a while!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment