Offroad Blue (White Mini) - Review (Discontinued). 9 November 2017.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

Earlier this year I reviewed Offroad Selection Blue (Portion), and a few months ago I reviewed Offroad Selection Blue (Los). Some of you may remember these products are a replacement for the Phantom Blue line which has been recently discontinued. I wasn't a big fan of the portion version of Phantom Blue, but I did enjoy Phantom Blue Los.  Another interesting note is that I also enjoyed Phantom Blue White Portion, which made me curious about this one, as it is the first product from the Offroad Blue line to come in a white portion.  I wasn't the biggest fan of the two version of Offroad Selection Blue that I tried so far, but I did note that I found them to be better than Phantom Blue. Now, V2 has released a white mini version of Offroad Blue. The flavor description of this one says, "Offroad Blue White Mini Portion has a clear but well balanced, juniper berry flavor. Classic, simple, spicy and popular." This product comes in a 6 gram can with 21 portions for 0.28 grams each. The nicotine content is 8mg/g (0.8%) which breaks down to 2.29mg/portion.

When I opened the can, I noticed the aroma to have that light Windex-y quality to it that I notice in the other products in this line. However, it wasn't as in your face as I noticed with the original portion version. The aroma smells like a combination of juniper, floral notes, and a little tobacco and pepper. The portions are smaller, so when I use these I usually put 2 in at the same time. The portions are pretty soft and comfortable in the lip. One thing that is interesting about this one is that I notice a mild cooling presence in the lip. Usually I only notice that with mint products, so that was interesting. The taste is a lot like the original portion version, but much milder and more well balanced. The taste is predominantly juniper, and is accompanied by a light floral presence. In the background there are mild tobacco notes and a hint of pepper. The taste, in general, is much milder than the original portion version.  The flavor lasts up to about an hour on average.  When I have two portions in, I find the nicotine content to feel about normal strength, so if you're someone who uses mini portions and only uses one at a time, I imagine you'll be satisfied with the nicotine strength.

I'm generally a fan of V2 products, but I'm not the biggest fan of the Blue line.  However, I will mention this:  if you're a budget conscious snuser and enjoy the juniper flavor, this is a good way to save a few bucks.  It's worth trying out, and as I said before - it's much better than Phantom Blue!

Comments