Oden's Extreme Melon - Review. 15 October 2015.

Review Updated:  5 May 2023

Today, we're revisiting a snus I haven't had in quite a long time, Oden's Melon Extreme Original Portion!  I think I did my last video on this one in 2020, so it's been about 3 years.  However, at the time I wasn't doing ratings, so I've been revisiting products that I haven't rated before and updating them with ratings and newer photos.  Today, we check out GN Tobacco's Oden's Melon Extreme!  The flavor description for this one says it has "the fruity flavor of honey melon".  Each can weighs in at 20 grams and has 20 portions, for 1 gram each.  The nicotine content sits at 22mg/g, which easily calculates to 22mg/portion.

Obviously, it hasn't changed since the last time I had it.  I notice it to be the same flavor as before.  Opening up the can, I pick up a gentle melon smell.  It's not as sweet as Jakobsson's, for example, and is backed up by a hint of tobacco.  The melon reminds me of cantaloupe, perhaps honeydew.  The portions are nice and plump, moist, and fill out the lip quite well.  The flavor is pretty gentle, pretty laid back.  I pick up the cantaloupe/honeydew type of melon flavor.  It's balanced out with a mild, base tobacco in the background.  This one isn't super sweet, either, which is a nice touch.  The nicotine kick on this one is strong, delivering firmly at the extra strong level.  The flavor hangs out a good 45-50 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I rated this one at 3.42/5.  It's much too strong for me to use regularly, but I like the taste.  I use the Jakobsson's Melon a good bit, but I find this one to be much less sweet than that one.  So, if you're a melon fan but want a melon that isn't super in your face, nor is it too sweet, this is one you'd enjoy if you're a fan of high nicotine products!

This product available at Snus.us.




Our Video Review:

Comments