Kapten Lakrits (White Portion) - Review. 11 October 2015.

Review Updated:  5 May 2023

It's been a bit since I've had this one.  The last time I had it was back in 2018, so about 5 years since I last got to check it out.  However, this one recently went through a redesign, and I've never done a rating of this one, so today we're revisiting AG Snus (or PMI)'s Kapten Lakrits White Portion!  I enjoy Kapten Salmiak a lot, so I was pretty excited to revisit this one again.  The flavor description for this one says it has "a well-balanced tobacco character and flavor with clear hints of divine licorice".  Each can weighs 16.8 grams, and I counted 24 portions, weighing 0.7g each.  The nicotine content is 10mg/pouch, which would be 14.28mg/g if you did backwards math to get the total.  But, the nicotine per pouch is really what matters.

It's been a while since I've had this one so I couldn't recall the taste.  But, comparing my notes from last time it seems like it hasn't really changed.  Opening the can, I notice an aroma of pepper first, then licorice.  It's a more mild black licorice, with a subtle sweetness to it.  I really dig the pouches.  AG Snus can make a 0.7g pouch feel like more, because they're always so plump, and full.  They have a nice feel under the lip, and against the gum.  In the flavor, I notice a peppery taste of licorice.  The pepper is pretty present.  Then I notice some licorice as well.  The licorice taste is mild, and enjoyable.  There is a mild tobacco taste in the background, as well.  The nicotine strength feels to be about regular, and has a comfortable delivery to it.  The flavor hangs out about an hour, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

I gave this one a 3.58/5.  This is a pretty solid, tasty snus!  I like Kapten's Salmiak flavor a lot, but I found this one to also be pretty good, and enjoyable.  If you like licorice, this would be a good one to try out.  The peppery taste in this one definitely sets it apart from other licorice flavors I've had in the past!

This product available at BuySnus.com.  Use code SNUBIE10 for 10% off!




Our Video Review:

Comments