The Lab 05 (Slim White Strong) - Review. 13 September 2015.

Review Updated:  23 March 2022

The past few years, I've been revisiting a lot of products that I previously reviewed to include higher quality photos and videos (on our YouTube channel), but also to add my rating to my reviews, which I just incorporated a few years ago.  That brings us to Swedish Match's Lab Series today, and The Lab 05 Slim White Strong.  The flavor description for this one says, "A dark tobacco taste with notes of green herbs, oak and cedar, along with hints of almond".  Each can weighs 21.6 grams and has 24 portions for 0.9 gram portions.  The nicotine content is 14mg/g (1.4%), which breaks down to 12.5mg/portion.

I've always enjoyed the Lab series.  I usually use the original portion versions, but the white portion versions aren't too bad.  When you open the can a mild tobacco aroma comes through. There’s also a light touch of wood and a gentle nutty presence in the background. The portions are soft the touch and feel comfortable in the lip. The taste starts with a mild, earthy tobacco flavor. The longer you have it in the more you’ll notice a light taste of oak mixing in and a little nuttiness to it. The nutty flavor reminds me of a mild walnut character. The flavor also lasts quite a while; I’ve found I can enjoy this one for up to an hour and a half, which is impressive for a white portion! The nicotine content feels firmly at the strong level; it’s stronger than a regular strength, but not too strong.  

Rating and Final Thoughts

The Lab series is really good.  It's a snus with a natural, outdoorsy taste.  I prefer 02 and 06 personally, because I like the original portion format.  But this white portion version isn't bad.  I rated it at 3.92/5.  Even though it's not an original portion, the flavor is still quite good.  If you're someone who enjoys tobacco tastes, or products that aren't minty or fruity, this would be one you could check out!

This product available for purchase at SnusDirect.com!



Comments

  1. Spot on, not my favorite but not bad at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment