Kronan (Los) - Review. 15 September 2015.

Review Updated:  21 September 2021

I swear you guys must hate me.  It seems like every time I ask "Hey, what do you want me to revisit next?", Kronan comes up at the top of the list.  This is a snus that I haven't been able to get into (and trust me, I've tried).  However, at least this review is of the loose version, which is probably the best Kronan of the entire series.  Now, speaking about Kronan, the name  means “the crown” in Swedish. It was created in 2005 as a reaction to the taxes being raised on snus. In fact, one of the Swedish Match tobacco masters was once quoted as saying “We can't really do anything about the taxes but we can cut costs as much as possible while still providing a good product."  The flavor description for this product says, "Dark tobacco character with elements of violet and citrus, as well as some green herbs." Being a Swedish Match loose product, a can contains 42 grams of snus. The nicotine content is 7.5mg/g (0.75%).

When it comes to the Kronan brand, as mentioned before, the los is the best of the entire product line. When you open the can, the aroma that greets you is a rich, dark tobacco smell. There’s a mild presence of violet, and a light herbal hint. Being a Swedish Match loose product, it bakes really well in the hand! The snus stays together very well in the lip with minimal mudslide. The flavor is a rich, dark, earthy tobacco flavor. Being a loose product, the tobacco is the most predominant flavor, which I think is why I consider this one the best. There is a light hint of lemon, a mild herbal taste, and a light presence of dill. As I said earlier, the most present taste with this product is the tobacco, so I think it masks that dill pretty well.  There's also a very light taste of violet in the background.  The flavor lasts a good 45 minutes, which is about how long I usually keep loose in for. The nicotine content also feels to be about regular strength.

Rating and Final Thoughts

Though I said this is the best product of the Kronan line, this snus still isn't for me.  The dill taste is much more mild with this one, but I can still taste it and I think that's what turns me off of this product line.  However, if you want to try Kronan, I suggest this being the product you try.  Now, to do a price comparison at SnusBolaget.se, Kronan Los is priced at 39kr (4.75 USD). Compare that to General Los at 51kr (6.21 USD) and you’ll see that Kronan is a much cheaper alternative for the budget conscious snuser!  However, as with the last 4 Kronan products I reviewed,  I still can't get into Kronan.  But I can say I tried!

I ended up rating this one at 3.25/5.  For a Kronan product, that's pretty good.  Would I buy more?  Probably not.  But, I'll finish the can of this one, which is more than I'd do for most Kronan products!

This product available for purchase at SnusDirect.com!



Comments