Knox Karaktär Blue (White Portion) Review. 11 February 2015.

Review Updated: 5 May 2023

It's been a while since I've reviewed this one, so I figured it was time I revisited it, re-reviewed it, and gave it a rating!  With my new rating system, it's leading to me revisiting a lot of products, so it's been fun revisiting ones I haven't thought of in a while.  The flavor description for this one says it has a "taste of juniper, lavender, and citrus".  The can weighs 19.2 grams.  I counted 24 portions, which would be 0.8g each.  The nicotine content, from Skruf's website, says 12mg/g, which would be 9.6mg/portion.  One new change to this is that it's called Knox "Karaktär" now.  Of course you can tell what that translates to.  But, the design and name change is the only thing I've noticed about this one as far as changes go.  It seems to be the same product as before.
  
When you open the can, a mild aroma of juniper greets you with hints of tobacco, a light touch of pepper, and gentle floral tones.  The portions are moderately soft with a good amount of tobacco in them, and they feel pretty well filled out.  The flavor is a present taste of juniper, with a light herbal character in the background.  I pick up tones of lavender, and a light tobacco character.  The nicotine feels a little below regular strength, and the flavor lasts a little over an hour on average.  It's a pretty well rounded snus all in.  The juniper and tobacco work really well together, and I like the way the lavender comes across.  And again, after revisiting this one, I don't notice a difference from this one compared to the last time I had it when it was just called "Knox Blue".

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one came in at 3.38 out of 5 for me.  There aren't a lot of juniper flavored products out there, so it's nice to see some variety in that category.  I'm a big Göteborgs Rapé fan and don't plan on switching, but this one isn't bad as far as juniper flavored products go.

As far as price goes, on the Swedish market, Knox is about about $1 USD cheaper per can than GR.  Knox costs 31,99 KR (3.72 USD) versus GR costing 41,99 KR (4.87 USD).  If you're looking to save a little money, this would be a good way to do that, and it isn't a bad snus for the money, either.

This product available at BuySnus.com!  Use code SNUBIE10 for 10% off!




Our Video Review:

Comments