Granit Lös / Loose - Review. 25 October 2014.

Review Updated: 3 October 2021


The Granit line is not one that gets much discussion, but it's a great alternative for those looking for a quality taste with a budget price.  While not something I use myself, I do enjoy it whenever it comes time to give the Granit line a review.  Here a little while back, the whole line went through a redesign, so I figured it was time I updated my review of it.  I'm not a big Granit user, but I know a few folks who swear by it as a great budget alternative.  The flavor description for this one says, "A loose snus with a traditional snus flavor".  Each can weighs in at 40 grams, and has a nicotine content of 8mg/g (0.8%).

When you open the can, an earthy tobacco aroma greets you.  It's peppery, and has hints of tart citrus.  The citrus seems to be some bergamot mixed with lemon tones.  The loose itself is not the easiest loose to work with, but you can handbake it.  It just has a little bit more of a difficulty curve to it than Swedish Match loose, which is most of what I use.  In the flavor, the citrusy taste is what I notice first.  It's tart, and reminds me mostly of bergamot but with some lemon mixed in.  The tobacco base is earthy, natural, and peppery.  The nicotine on this one feels to be about the regular strength level.  The flavor lasts about 45 minutes, which is usually how long I keep a prilla in.

Rating and Final Thoughts

This one isn't bad for a budget option.  I used to steer people to LD Loose, but since that one is gone, I'll usually steer people to this one.  Knox Loose is a little better, in my opinion, but Granit Loose is also a solid option that should be considered if you're budget conscious.  I rated this one at 3.42/5, and found it to be a pretty enjoyable lössnus.  There aren't a lot of them out there anymore, so I always enjoy it when I get to sit down and review a loose product!

This product available for purchase at SnusDirect.com!



Comments