Taboca White Portion - Review 5 November 2011.

Review Updated: 3 April 2018

It has been quite a while since I had this product.  I recently decided to revisit the Taboca line because SPT (Scandinavian Premium Tobacco) was bought out by GN Tobacco.  That made me curious if the product had changed in any way since this occurred.  After revisiting this product, however, I discovered it's exactly the same as the last time I had it. The flavor description for Taboca White says, "Taboca White has a flavor of tobacco, bergamot and fig. This snus has a regular sized white pouch." This product comes in a 13 gram can with 15 portions for 0.85 gram portions. The nicotine content is 12mg/g (1.2%) which breaks down to 10mg/portion.

First, let's address the elephant in the room.  This is a product called Taboca White.  Now, it has been a few years since I had this product last.  When I opened this can, I completely forgot what the portions looked like.  I had to go back and revisit my old photos to realize they look the same as they used to.  Yes, this is a product called Taboca White, but the portions look a lot like original portions.  I'm not sure why.

The aroma that greets you when you open the can is a mild tobacco smell, a light citrus presence, and a little spice.  The portions are obviously not white portions, and I'm not sure why they're called white portions, but they are less moist than Taboca Original Portion, if that counts for anything. They're comfortable in the lip, and I do notice they release flavor slower than an original portion.  The flavor is a relatively mild tobacco character paired with a gentle citrus flavor.  In the background there's a very light touch of fig, a little pepper, and a nice salt balance rounding everything out.  The nicotine strength on this one feels to be about regular strength.  The flavor lasts a good amount of time, as well.  It's not a white portion, but it's not an original portion; it seems to be right there in the middle.  On average, the flavor lasts about 55 minutes to an hour.

This is an interesting snus with a very unique flavor.  If you like the traditional snus flavor profile but want something slightly different, this is worth checking out!

Comments