Loonic 100% Review (Discontinued). 5 November 11.

NOTE:  This product has been discontinued and is no longer for sale.

Loonic is an interesting snus, and one I've been wanting to write about for a while. Since I saw it for sale on Northerner.com it had my interest with it's blend of tobacco and nicotine - so I figured I'd check it out. Loonic is actually a 4 step "Quit Snus" tool that tapers off gradually down to a no nicotine snus - but the 100% is a full fledged snus - a mix of half tobacco and half tea with nicotine and a little ginseng. The ginseng part is what got me - since Elixyr went away I haven't been able to find a good energy snus - and let's face it, Oomph/Wise/Northerner minis don't cut the mustard. The Loonic cans are really attention grabbing, this one looks like something out of the old Robocop movie. If you want to know more about the Loonic company, check out their website, which tells you more about how they work and their 4 step program. They also have a YouTube video about their products. Let's talk Loonic. I went with the 100% version because I'm not trying to quit snus. I wanted to see what a blend of tea and snus is like and if the ginseng is present enough to make this a snus worthy of continuing to order. The aroma is very interesting, it smells a lot like fresh tea - Chamomile, to be more exact. A very floral and herbal like quality as well. It's pretty unique. The portions are very moist and comfortable as well. The taste is pretty pleasant, with tea like qualities and a little citrus in the back with a slight underlying bitterness that you would expect from a tea base. That's not a bad thing, I like unsweetened tea so I kinda dig it. The ginseng kick wasn't very noticable, which was sad because I was hoping for a replacement for my morning Elixyr. That being said, the taste and flavor of this is very unique and unlike anything I've ever had in a snus before. If you want to quit snus, I can say that the Loonic taste is a good one to help you make that switch. If you want to try a new and unique snus and you're a fan of tea - definitely check this one out. Loonic 100% is currently available at Northerner.com, though not to US customers.

Comments

  1. Have you heard anything about N&J developing a caffeine snus?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment