Jakobsson's Wintergreen (Strong) - Review. 8 May 2010.

Review Updated: 19 April 2022


One of the questions I get asked the most by dippers who want to switch to snus is which wintergreen product they should try. My usual answer: Jakobsson's Wintergreen Strong by Gotlandssnus.  As of 2017, the Jakobsson's brand has received a redesign and looks great! The flavor description for this product says, "Jakobsson's Wintergreen Strong Portion Snus is a sweeter wintergreen snus designed for the American market flavor profile." This product comes in a 20 gram can with 20 portions for full 1 gram portions! This snus has a nicotine content of 14mg/g (1.4%), which, with 1 gram portions, breaks down to 14mg/portion.

When you open the can, the aroma that comes through is a present, mildly sweet smell of wintergreen. The portions are plump, moist, and quickly release flavor and nicotine! They also feel great in the lip. Now, the flavor. I want to remind readers of my reviews that I'm not a wintergreen fan. However, I do try to remain as objective as possible when I review wintergreen snus products. The flavor of this is more suited to the American taste palette and those who enjoy wintergreen dip products. It's a gentle, straightforward wintergreen flavor. It is more sweet than other Swedish Snus wintergreen products I've had, but the sweetness isn't too over the top. Also, I think the added sweetness helps make the wintergreen taste more approachable to someone like me who isn't a fan of wintergreen. This snus is a strong product, so it does have a nice little extra nicotine kick and feels stronger than regular strength products. The flavor lasts a good amount of time; I've found with this one, like most original portions, I can keep in for up to 45 minutes on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

As far as wintergreen products go, this is probably one of the better ones out there, in my opinion.  It's not overly wintergreen, and has a really well balanced flavor.  I gave it a 3.25 out of 5.  It's still the product I recommend to ex-dippers who are coming over to snus, and those who like wintergreen flavors.  It's certainly one of the best ones on the market!

This product available for purchase at SnusExpress.com!



Comments

  1. How do you compare them to General wintergreen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not a fan of Wintergreen, I find General Wintergreen and Thunder Wintergreen to taste too much like American Wintergreen, which I don't like. I find the new Gotland's Wintergreen to taste more mild, it's a more level flavor, and for someone who doesn't like Wintergreen to enjoy it, I think Gotland's did something great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment