Catch Collection//Mellow (Rhubarb) (Limited Edition) Review


NOTE:  This product was a limited edition release and is no longer for sale.

When I heard that the Catch Collection was returning in 2010, I was very excited. The 2009 Collection had a variety of great flavors, and 2010 is no exception. And starting it off is something that I didn't see coming - Rubarb. Now, being from the South, I'm familiar with Rubarb. My love of Rubarb Pie immediately made this one of the most appealing new snus products I've had in a while, so I was very excited to try this one. Even if it comes in a pink can.

The name of this first release of the 2010 Collection is "Mellow". The flavor is just that, a very mellow experience. But before I get too far into that, for those not familiar with rubarb, here's a little info. A rubarb is a plant with a very tart, but sweet, flavor. It is often used in pies, jams, and sometimes wine. When I opened the can, I immediately detected the smell of rhubarb. It's dead on. I picked up the slightly tart but sweet tones of the aroma immediately coming from the can upon opening it. It's very...well, mellow! The flavor is sweet, but tart. It's not overly sweet, and it's perfectly balanced with the mild tobacco flavor in the background and a very gentle salt balance. To say it simply, it tastes like rhubarb. The flavor lasts long, and grows more mellow and balanced the longer you have the portion in, and provides a very nice experience. One of the things I like about the Catch Collection is that the flavors hit so close to the mark, sometimes dead on with the flavors that are added to the tobacco to provide these limited edition snuses their characteristic flavor notes.

A big thumbs up to Swedish Match for bringing this line back for 2010, and I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeve for the rest of 2010!

Comments