Offroad Frosted (Original Portion) - Review. 23 January 2010.

Review Updated:  21 July 2022

A few years ago, Swedish Match purchased V2 Tobacco in Denmark.  V2 Tobacco is best known for their Thunder and Offroad products.  While the original plan sounded like V2 would continue as it's own entity, that didn't happen.  Their factory was absorbed, and rebranded as Swedish Match.  And over the past few years, SM has been gutting the V2 catalog and discontinuing virtually all their Thunder products, and all but a few Offroad products.  Recently, it was announced the super popular Thunder Frosted would be discontinued.  That was sad news to me, as that was one of the products back in 2009 that got me off cigarettes.  However, it's less strong little brother, Offroad Frosted, has continued on.  I wanted to do a new review of that one, for people who may be considering switching to this one from Thunder Frosted.

The flavor description for this one says, "a spicy tobacco character with clear hints of mint".  Each can weighs 18g and has 20 portions, for 0.9g each.  The nicotine content is 10.5mg/g (1.05%), which breaks down to 9.45mg/portion.

While this isn't a clone or carbon-copy of Thunder Frosted, they do share similar DNA, and a similar flavor profile.  In the aroma, it's a nice, smooth aroma of spearmint.  I pick up a subtle, mild tobacco base behind it, along with a subtle sweetness.  The portions are plump, moist, and soft.  They feel great in the lip, and have a gentle cooling sensation under the lip.  In the flavor profile, it's mostly a smooth, lightly sweet taste of spearmint.  I pick up a nice, rich tobacco base in the background, but it doesn't overtake the mint flavor profile.  In the strength, it feels about regular strength, maybe just a hair above that.  In terms of flavor longevity, I find the flavor to last about 45-50 minutes, on average.

Rating and Final Thoughts

In the early days, I used a lot of mint snus.  This one was a part of my daily rotation for several years.  This and General White Portion were a major part of the early days of my journey, so I still have a special place in my heart for this one.  If you enjoyed Thunder Frosted, you'll probably enjoy this one.  It's less strong, yes, but still has the nice original portions, and a similar taste of mint.  I rated it at 3.83/5.  I usually don't go that high for mints, but this is a good one.  I spoke with Swedish Match and they said they plan to continue to sell this one, so that's good news!

This product available at Snusdirect.com.



Comments